Fspy addon does not appear in the menu in 2.83

I’m using fSpy-Blender-1.0.3.zip, but addon does not appear in the menu.

Modules Installed () from ‘C:\Users\Darius\Downloads\fSpy-Blender-1.0.3.zip’ into ‘C:\Users\Darius\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons’

Also I have tried to install manually into folder C:\Users\Darius\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons

Works for me in Blender 2.9 (alpha).
The entry is under File->Import

Hello there, did you find a solution?

Nop, I did not find a solution.

Did you notice that your manual install location was not for the version of blender you’re using?
Is it working in 2.81 for you?

you should end up with …2.83\scripts\addons\fspy_blender as the folder, right?
In that you will have 3 python scripts. That’s what you’ve got and still no luck?

Works with 2.91 alpha. If your installing from zip you might need to rename something like fSpy-Blender-1-0-3 or fSpy_Blender_1_0_3. The 1.0.3 is prolly causing the issues.

Did anybody find a solution?

having the same problem on win 10 and blender 2.91… I install the addon from the zip file (preferences > add-on > install) but it doesn’t show up in the add on list. I see the files are added in the blender addon directory and there are no dots in the name of the zip.

Also tried on blender 2.83, same problem.

Any idea what might be causing this?

EDIT: solved it thanks to this topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/blenderhelp/comments/fgdlha/i_cant_seem_to_install_the_fspy_addon_in_blender/

Basically we’re installing the wrong zip file :slight_smile: