Full animation using Grease Pencil, back when it was still in early development :-)

I created this animation using Grease Pencil for the lineart and Clip Studio Paint for coloring. This is a professional production that i did when blender 2.8 was still in early development and full of bugs last year ahah. The developpers said « don’t use this for production projects yet », but i guess i like to over-complicate things :-). There was a lot of issues and crashes, i had to redo a lot of things again and again, but still, Grease Pencil was already so helpful and powerful in my opinion, so i kept on using it for the whole animation. The coloring tool was not good yet, so i used another software for that part (you’ll notice the watercolor coloring effect made by CSP).
I’m sorry i only have an instagram account for my artworks, so i hope this link will work. Thanks and congrats to the developpers ! Next time, i will do a full animation with grease pencil only !

5 Likes

this is really nice !!!

1 Like

I love the animation! May I ask how to make these watercolor like colors? I’d be really thankful for some help.

1 Like

Thanks, but dude, the answer is in the description. Thats the very first thing i explained :sweat_smile:

Great job, this makes me want to watch the show.
The broken guitar, the burning pens, the cake and the cello!
Projects like this really help producers accept blender as a powerful production tool. Bravo!

1 Like

Ohh yes, now i see it. Sorry for bothering you, somehow i didn’t see it. Keep up the amazing work:)

1 Like