Full Sail University?

Hey, I won’t be going to college for a few years yet but I was looking through different college courses for computer animation and I stumbled across Full Sail University. I’m thinking about getting a bachelor’s by doing an online college course there… Has anyone here ever done it? Are online college courses a good idea?

Thank you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, what part of 3D are you getting into? I am also going to collage in a couple years, and so far the search for collages has been hard. From what I heard, it is much better to go to the school instead of taking an online course, but that all depends on your circumstances.

I want to get into computer animation. I’ve been reading about the online course for it(computer animation) and so far it seems interesting… But, almost everyone I’ve asked said that I should go to campus, not online college. :stuck_out_tongue: Luckily I’ve still got 3-4 years to think about it, but I wanted to see what I could find now.

I do not recommend ANY college program online. With the exception of some professional programs which are around 2 years long and really specific to one area, you should get all of your education in a classroom. With that being said, if you want REALLY good online training, http://www.animationmentor.com/ However, I will warn you, it is pretty expensive. Also, it is not a degree program.

From what I gather after talking to friends and checking out some recent full sail university reviews - it doesn’t seem like a good option if you have to take out tons of loans just to be there. I thought about transferring to there after a year stint at the art institute in my city. Now I’m thinking about trying to transfer to a regular college. If you’re a trust fund kid or something and don’t have to worry about going into tons of debt, then you’ll probably be fine.