.,/-Fumes-\,.**UPDATE**First Level, Basic Cam Demo .exe**Game Project....

Ok, Ive added all of the movements for this character(I may stick with one weapon only, this being my first major project). Its a .exe
CONTROLS:
lshift = punch
lctrl = stab
l alt = chop
space = block
l mouse button = die
Move with directional arrows
http://www.savefile.com/files/339264
WARNING: The resolution is 1280 by 1024, high res…

All the movements need to be sped up a bit, Ill have that done soon. Ill probably be redoing the whole controls sytem, Ill be coding it(thanks Social, the tute was amazing) to save space.
All soon be creating the enemies, after I brush up on my UV skills a bit.
Ive made additions to the story, got all my environment ideas set out. Ill fill you in on some of that soon.
All C&C wanted, any advice would be great.
peace
Drew

Nothing? Ah well, heres an untextured version of the zombie model…
http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/6443/zombieuntexlt2.jpg
Ill be working on the textures tommorrow
g’night
Drew

I’d recommend slightly larger feet…

Hey free_ality,
Nice game project you have going on. Checked out the latest version of Jason’s Moves demo and the animations themselves are very smooth and realistic. I have only two things to suggest:

1. The animations are going pretty slowly (maybe its just my comp?)

2.Also, the stab animation has the hand move through the body a tiny bit.

All the best with your project,
Matt

@Dim: Good idea, the tiny feet dont look too good :slight_smile:
@WantedBob: First of all, thanks man. Second
1 The movements are a tad slow, something Ill be reworking soon.
2 Thanks for pointing that out, I totally missed it :rolleyes:

Thanks both of you for taking time to look and reply.
Ill be updating later today…
peace
Drew

Alright, After texturing this thing for th last few hours, Im mostly happy with it. Im not an amazing texture painter, so its no amazing either :o .
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5538/zombietexkw6.jpg
I decided to keep the small feet, and tore of the right one(left form this view) but, yeah, no blood yet.

Though you cant see it, there are a couple of hole things on its back. Im planning on having them shoot out the gas(yeah, lame idea, I know, but it works) at the character. Of course, it will be waaayyyy hunched over. Im animating the model right now(Im finished the rigging, these models are so easy to rig :slight_smile: ) so Ill have a movements .exe by tonight.
All C&C welcome and wanted
peace
Drew

Alright, a little fast, but heres the .exe of zombie movements:
walk, rot mesh, die, punch(slam, lunge, wutever)
http://www.savefile.com/files/341725
1walk, rot mesh: directional keys(no walk back)
2Punch/Slam: left ctrol
3Die: left mouse button

Ill be starting work on the environments, and then Ill start getting into the nitty gritty of collisions and damage and health…sheesh.
All C&C wanted, or just opinions. Tell me what you htink(honestly)
peace
Drew

Nothing? Well…
Im working on the first level/environment. Its right outside of the fallout shelter where Jason has been staying, but its time to leave, and head for the city…

He’s pretty nice. Even though the texture does not appear. Have you packed the file or just not applied the texture?
He/She/It(I’ll go for it) needs work on it’s animation. The texture in the production image looks pretty good. I don’t really like gore but it makes me curious.

The texture isnt there?hmmm…
I had it packed, and it worked on my computer…
Ill rehost the file, make sure its working.
But Im capturing some video right now…

Okay, sorry for the trouble everybody, just realized I hadnt packed the file…

whoops…
Anyway, thanks for informing me anicator :slight_smile:
Heres a link to the project file(Ill upload other files here as well) switched to polorix today :slight_smile:
http://uploader.polorix.net/myfiles.php?folder=FUMES%20Game%20Project

Havent reworked the animation, the fall is crap :P. The walk is iffy, looks more robotic than…whats the word. Well it moves a little to pose-to-pose.
Update soon…
Drew

That is cool, but I won’t be downloading the game right now because I already have a lot of things I am downloading right now… The character could have smaller wrists (they are bigger than his biceps) and the legs are maybe too flat, and before you finish the game make the textures a little better. The textures on the zombie look awesome, you could also add a part you can see flesh & bones, would be good on the left side of the chest.

Texture related: Yeah, the main char textures are no way near done., And There is a bit more to do with the zombie. If youcan, download some of the last files as well.
Model related: That is true, those are some big wrists…:)oops
The legs arent actually as flat as they look. I may need to smooth them out a bit more tho…
Thanks for looking, your opinion is much appreciated.

Blech, nice job on the zombie! The walking cycle is good, its sorta shuffling along the floor. The fall cycle is not bad but it looks sorta awkward. The attack animation needs work though.

Out of curiosity, do you own Oblivion? That game has some zombies that look just like the one you made. Perhaps you can get some ideas from their zombies.

nah, never heard of it, but I did get the tiny legs idea from some characters in half life 2. I was going for kind of malnourished, but you cant tell, as the textures arent quite done.
Im thinking I need to speed up the attack animation(Funny, I always animated too fast in all my shorts :slight_smile: ), i was tryin to make it look like a sort of lunge or something.
Thanks for the crits, Youve been really helpful
peace
Drew

Do you need any help texturing or modeling?

Im fine on the modeling(except maybe a little environment work), and Ive actually had some offers for help with texturing, so Ill just put it out there:
Anybody who would like to help(mostly with texturing), it would be much appreciated. If you want to join the game team(one man right now :wink: ) Your welcome But:
1Id like to know if youve worked on anything before
2Id like to know what you want to help with exactly :slight_smile:
Feel free to PM me about it. Please understand, Im not trying to demand anything, just want to know who Im getting.
peace
Drew

Check your Private Messages free_ality.

ha, I did…

Whats in it ?