Fur And SoftBodies

Hey there,

I was mucking about with the new hair features on the latest blender build, and I decided to see what would happen if I made them softbodies and fall on some objects.

And the result was quite good

unfortuntly I can’t show you a exsample clip (damn dial up) but you can download the blend file here Fur Rug.Blend. Just play the animation and you’ll see what I mean.

I sugest only people with the latest blender build try this because it won’t work if you don’t have the new updated hair particle system.

PS. sorry if this has already been discussed of if its not in the right section of the forum. :smiley:

Oooo im still on 2.37, can someone post a movie?

It looks good but it seems to bounce back a little and then it goes through the plane.
P

Grape Ape: I’ve rendered the animation. I hope you don’t mind me posting it. If you want me to remove it, let me know.

Here’s the rendered animation. (I didn’t make it, Grape Ape did, I have broadband, though, so I rendered and posted it so people can see.)

Links:

http://d.turboupload.com/d/182692/RENDERED_FUR0001_0100_Recompressed.avi.html (AVI, Cinepak by Radius Codec.)

Cool animation, Grape Ape.:smiley:

DwarvenFury

@ DwarvenFury

Thanks for that man, I hope to get broadband soon. :-?

@ vliegtuig

It should look like the clip that Dwarve Fury posted. Maybe just a different build, I’m on mac so that could be the problem?!

DwarvenFury

That is a really anoying place to get files from, I have to wait 30 seconds before I can download, then somehow a bloody popup for regscan or somthing comes up, AHhhhhhhhhhhhh :-?

Ken

Yeh it triple spams you with messages to get their virus scanner on that site. Almost convincing, as spam goes. The clips really cool tho, you gonna go nuts and get some fluidsim in their too? :o

sounds good…but couldnt download. Ive been playing around with fur and softbodies as well in an atempt to create realistic hair physics, but it doesnt work so well, so i (with the help of other people’ came up with the idea of creating a curve, and applied a softbody to it, then use it as a guide for the particles, and it worked quite good…(thats after i realised i need the newest test version of blender to add weghts to a bezier curve)

Vliegtuig, are you by any chance Dutch or Afrikaans??

Ok, so I got a shift at work today and we have broadband here so I’ve uploaded the file at Putfile.com to watch. I don’t now any-other places to host a video file.

Fur-Rug

@BumGravy

I might have to try some fluid and fur, lets see what happens.

@stafanhartman

I tried the same thing but couldn’t add soft-bodies to a curve. Maybe when the new blender is released, I’ll try it out!

Hope you can all see the movie now. If anyone now of a better file host I’d appreciate the name. :smiley:

I tested your file - that looked pretty cool - the only downside I saw was that it stretches around the ball, which is a bit odd for a fur rug to stretch :slight_smile:

LetterRip