Fuubi, a snakelike game made with blender

meet fuubi:

FUUBI

Fuubi is a snakelike third person game, with the objective to devour as many cars and annoying daily obstacles as possible while avoiding infrastucture, public property, bikes and pedestrians.

The player gets bigger and bigger as it eats. At a desirable balance between eating and running the player evolves with many functioning locomotion methods (legs, eg.: 2, 4, millipede , snaillike, …).
When it eats too much on the other hand, it gets slow and tired. If the player is too skinny, more damage is taken by sharp or salty objects, by law enforcement and dangerous goods.

Vent your frustration over the tin tsunamis rolling down our streets, polluting our envirnoment. Destroy nuclear power plants (gain special powers on the way!), destroy the prisons of our time

My name is Jan, I’m an animator based in berlin and I want to make my first little game. I am searching for a beginner or an intermediate game developer who wants to work with me on the project!

The first turntable is rendered in blender cycles, the second turntable is rendered in (almost) realtime in blender evee. The geometry has roughly 1700 quads.
Next I will be working on a first iteration of the background, a maze of streets and facades. One goal would be to procedurally generate cityscapes, generate endless randomness. Please tell me your ideas. Comments and critique are welcome!

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Do you want to take part in the project? Let’s make something interesting! Send me a direct message if you want to get in touch :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: I have almost no C# and Unity / Godot / … experience, I best learn with specific projects and this is the one I finally want to start learning programming with! I don’t expect expert level in game development, let’s learn together!

Thanks for reading,
Happy gamemaking everyone!
Jan

more information following soon.

1 Like

Very nice render, cool character original

Cute character design and interesting concept.

Sorry, I’m no programmer, so I can’t help.
But I wish you all the best with your project and look forward to see more of it.

Love this cute little gut. Solid all around.