fuzzballs

these are some fuzzballs i whipped up today. hope u like em

i can get desktop size if ya want too

if there eyes were a bit bigger they would look like chuzzles!

there cute :slight_smile:

my friend said they were cute too, i dont really get it but whatever floats your boat

i used to have a rubbery kind a ball that gave me the idea for it i just added the eyes to make them “cute”

wow… how did u make the fur?.. sorry i’m noobs.

Are you going animate them if you are you could use slow parenting for a realistic effect

To answer your question its probably a good use of the particle system. Static particle more precisely. I have been working extensively on the more physical particles that bounce of walls etc. See the latest animation contest (number 19)

Very nice fur ball effect by the way. Maybe make a scene for them, like some sort of shelf or store display. It would be a shame not to use these models completely

yes it is the particles, i set them to as follows in the picture

http://www.dfb.jt7.net/settings

just as i though. usual particle that seem to fall due to gravity but with static. Very nice job though

one quick ? tho

how would i go about animating them so that they move realisticly? whenever i animate them they always move all at once, not with the delay that they would actually have. how would i animate them? a softbody? any suggestions?

You’ve been playing too much Chuzzle Deluxe:

:smiley:

if there eyes were a bit bigger they would look like chuzzles!
http://www.popcap.com/launchpage.php?theGame=chuzzle&src=big8

there cute icon_smile.gif"

and reply

my friend said they were cute too, i dont really get it but whatever floats your boat

i used to have a rubbery kind a ball that gave me the idea for it i just added the eyes to make them “cute”

ive never heard of a chuzzle. to me it sounds like some sort of drink from tim hortons

edit tim hortons is like robins donuts for people not from canada

hey hey fellow, Canadian. Mmmmmm Tim Hortons, gotta love the Ice Caps. hehe :smiley:

By the way love your fuzzy dudes! Keep it up! Renderbitch those things!

Good luck :smiley:

ice caps are one of the greatest inventions ever

Um interesting… :slight_smile:

to understand a bit more you should click me
or me
or me

XD … nice. Thatll explain it to em.

Could you give us the material settings for these guys, I was trying to create aimilar effect a while ago butit never turned out right.

If ye dont mind.

i used the wire setting under the materials tab. after you click it it will force the particles to become wires, like you see in the picture (although they dont look like wires) alternatively, you can just use a halo setting, without the wire. you have to use a very very small halo size tho. ie. like .007 it what i used in my example

click me for the halo demo
click me for wire demo

if ya really want i will post a screenshot of the settings