Galaxy Girls

Vimeo link to the shot.

With hitting the year anniversary of finding Blender and making the switch to 3D I’m happy to share one of the shots from the film Galaxy Girls.

It’s been a crazy year of learning, with so much more I’m needing to discover.
I can’t say thanks enough for all the knowledge that gets shared on this site and the countless individuals who donate their time to help others like myself.
Seriously, thank you!
Tim

Nothing special or exciting about this shot, it’s just the longest one of the scene. I know I’ll revisit and modify as my skill grows and as Blender and EEVEE improve.

*****All Blender minus cutting in Resolve.
EEVEE Render
Hand keyframed
Cloth Physics Blender.

****Most items individually modeled, several are purchased or CC (…filmmaker, kitbashing is what we do, right?) :slight_smile:
Buildings in the background are all Kitbash3d with modified textures. A few hard surface pieces are from Oleg Ushenok, TFMSTYLE, and Sketchfab.
Daz charater with my custom textures.

Galaxy Girls is a screenplay I was shopping around to make as a live action film. Found Blender and decided to animate the film instead.
Just like live action though I do realize I’ll eventually need funding to finish the film in anyone of our lifetimes.

5 Likes

This is looking great. And very inspiring. Nice work. Plz share with us when the whole thing is available!

1 Like

Hey, thanks! :grin:
I’m glad you are interested in the film. And now that I’m starting to get a small grasp on how the world of 3D works, shots should start coming quicker, and I can share more.

Yes plz keep it coming im interested. And im sure im not the only one.

1 Like

Yep, count me in! I’m also interested to see more of your project! :smiley:

Nice animation, by the way. Did you animate her in Blender or DAZ?

1 Like

Thanks for the complement, I’ve enjoyed your work too.

I animated her in Blender with the Rigify rig.