Game Animations stop after playing once

Hi,

I am fairly sure that this is an easy fix, but I just can’t seem to figure it out. I have my character who can do a bunch of actions but can’t replay them after doing them once. I tried setting True level triggering but that doesn’t seem to work, so I’m a little stuck here. Could someone take a look at my blend and see what the problem is?:

egg_animation.blend (1.23 MB)

All of your actions are on the same layer with the same priority. Think of it this way. I have actions 1,2, and 3 that all set rotations for the same bones. How does Blender know which rotation to apply to the bones if all 3 actions are playing?

You can either move the actions to different layers or set different action priorities. I personally use layers so that I can use weighting and play actions simultaneously but it is up to you.

I just changed the layers, now everything works! Thank you! Does the layer number matter or have any effect?

I believe the higher layer number takes priority, so if 2 animations have the same bones in them and are playing at the same time, the higher number layer animation moves that bone.

You can also set the layer weights to play a percentage of each animation layer.

0 = highest priority I think
I mix animations all the time, using blend etc.

priority:

• play this action if there isn’t an action playing in this layer with a higher (lower number) priority.

• Type: integer

source- http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/BGE_Python/Game_Logic/Action/GameObject_playAction.html

Cool, thanks for the info! You guys really saved me from a headache!