Game Baker v1.0 released!

1.0 update:

• NEW bake types: Position, ID
  • Context aware UI
  • Higher quality bake sources
  • Export functionality: Format selection
  • Organized image node creation(Node Editor)

The new update is focused on making sure the bakes turn out with as much quality as I could get. And the addition of two new baking types and export format selection.

Big thanks ! I am looking forward the next update!

Hello Derphouse
Thank you for developing
I have some issues

1. on linux Export dont detect absolute path (may be it because there is no C:// D:// on linux, and root on linux is /)
    for example my absolute path is /media/disk/projects/paints/baling/
  2. Can you add editable name suffixes, for ex for normals i like to add _n (now it is a _NORMAL)?
    Thank you!

Hey @brothermechanic, thanks for letting me know!

Yeah I should’ve caught that when I was testing it on Mac. It should work on Unix systems now as well. A fixed version is uploaded to the Gumroad page. :slight_smile:

Kind of curious why anyone would pay for this, when we have TexTools? I’ve yet to try this yet, since well, it costs money, so I can’t attest to any advantages over TexTools. Care to highlight what makes this worth $5?

@Derjyn I understand that you might see it like this. First of all, I would like to say that this Addon was the result of me not being able to find any good alternatives targeted at games. This Addon came about before TexTools arrived.

TexTools is definitely a powerful set of tools, and the guy working on it is making lots of progress! I think it’s really cool, and can only recommend it.

The last couple of months I’ve had quite the unstable life personally. My goal with this addon was to initially have easy baking of textures, but also streamline the PBR workflow, and being able to produce the relevant textures for a PBR pipeline. I’ve tried to find time to work on this, but as of now things are just too unstable for me to make any promises. This is also why I’m going to make the addon free from this point. I’m immensely grateful for the support of the people who showed interest and invested in this addon, and I’m still expecting I’ll be able to work on it, once things hopefully get more stable.

2 Likes