Game Character Model

My latest game character project, inspired by the Gears of War Tactics armors. I’m still changing a lot of things but if you have some suggestions to the shapes than let me know. The basebody is also WIP, I also just have the basic shape but will refine it later on, when I’m done with the armor. Materials are simply generated in Blender, I will texture the model properly at the end :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Looks great!

Forms and anatomy is looking great! Sculpted in blender?

Thank you :slight_smile:

I have sculpted the basebody in Zbrush and I have made some adjustments in Blender while i was modeling the armor parts. Basically i like to jump between the two softwares, it all depends on the situation :slight_smile: Here is how the basebody looks without the armor (this screen is before some proportion adjustments):

1 Like

Another little update. I’ve started on the lower parts, but it feels a bit boring with that repeating pattern. I will probably need to think this thru :thinking:

Looks amazing! But…bottom part and upper are different stylistically. And if this armor was designed by this race you have sculpted, I don’t think they will design it like this, for example back of the torso piece will limit movement of the head, they won’t be able to look up because of skull structure.

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile: Yeah this might be a problem. I need to think about this, I mean the head is also a blockout so I might change the ring on the head and maybe add some more space between the head and the back armor.

Also the different styles of the top and the bottom are also starting to bug me. In the next couple of iterations i will try and do something about it.

1 Like

And here is another update. I have created the blockout for the lower part. I think now his armor looks more like it would belong to one set. I have also created more space behind the head and the neck armor, now he should have a bit more space to move the head around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking good! Great work. :grinning:

1 Like

Retopo of the armor almost done, a couple of elements left, then back to details.

Another update. Now I’m blocking out the head and other visible skin parts. I want him to have a rough mercenary feel.

And another one. This time with paint, it really shows where I need to fix some things.

1 Like

And some arm blockout. Not sure if I should add more “bone” elements on top of the arms to make it match more with the head. But than again I still want to make it look like the bones don’t make the arm movement difficult. :thinking:

And another update. This time I’ve made some progress on the rest of the body, and some details on the arms.

Also a fast render in Eevee just to check how everything’s coming together.
It’s really great how I can use Zbrush Polypaint directly in Blender as vertex color :slight_smile:

Update. I have added some armor HP details and fixed some parts on the body.