Game concept

believe me, I’ve been using the BGE for 3 years now… and enriq is 100% right. Build a tetris clone first. Than a SMB clone. Then a Zelda clone and then aim a bit higher

you guys don’t get it, i really do not plan on making any models or anything for a long time, I just really want to see if i can use the BGE to make smarter AI, so far I am doing good, just today I learned a bunch I never knew before about the logic bricks. Please stop putting me down all the time.

Ok, not trying to be mean or call you a noob or anything but your going to get tons of crits. good & bad. But please before posting useless topics like this take the time to draw “Concept Art” and really think out the Storyboard so it sounds less like a over-optimistic copy game that will never go anywhere. I’m 90% positive that this project will never get 30% complete (once again I’m not trying to be mean) but that’s the truth.

According to my calculations 85% of all game WIP*s posted without a thorough
storyboard or concept art fail after 2 weeks.

Just aim small, then higher, than higher, until you can work upto a game that is decent and actually fun and doesn’t look like crap.

personally i think its great your trying to learn one thing at a time. we have allot of people who can do mediocer jobs at allot of things on the engine (like me), but very few people who can specalise in one are or another if your ever looking to implement what you learn into projects your welcome to join me at any project im doing at any time.

Thank you agentb1u3 for your support! I am looking at this game as a “super long tutorial” to get me familiarized with the GE and ALL of its capabilities. I really want to test and see what I can come up with and see If i can create something new.

then all the luck to you i think the best way to learn is some good tuts lots of questions and trying out every posible thing you can think of. i wish you luck.

Wanna try a get good and blender quick scheme? No this is absolutely no lie for $45 USD
you can buy the book Essential Blender. It’s incredible… I bought it a while ago and it helped me improve 110%. You can find it at any book store borders, barnes and nobles, etc.

Just trying to minimize some of your useless threads (not this one)

The way I see it, this is a sandbox game. You wanna go kill everything, pick up a few things, and maybe a few quests. it’s really not all that hard as long as you know how to do it. Wunderlust has some potential, and is going in the right direction. Cut him some slack. That goes for all of you.

I’m trying to make a point here. Dude did u even see how many threads he made?

I agree with abunch of people; this isn’t really going to go much of anywhere. BUT, and this is a huge but, keep doing it. by all means, work on it all you want; I guarantee you will learn a lot. the chances you will even make a good AI are slime, never mind a whole game, but the knowledge and understanding you will gain of the engine will be well worth the time.

heh, the first thing I thought when reading the first post was “grand theft assassin auto creedness”. you’ll get huge bonus points from me if you use that name -_-;

Point taken -[Killer]-.

lol! :eyebrowlift2: