Game engine, applyImpulse() - Object is jumping away before start

Hello all,

I have been trying to use applyImpulse() function to give an impulse to the object. At the moment I am facing a problem (attached the video clip - drive link). Can someone help me out with this please. I have to apply impulse at a fixed position in world coordinates. So a impulse force is applied when the object reaches that point. Please help me out, I am not a good coder but I did this using documentation. I am happy to receive suggestions if I am wrong.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-nAr7cAqA5vhV0TU0dwooAhNVWx1l6TR/view?usp=sharing

Your collision bounds are probably being messed up due to inaccurate origin points and/or physics types. Providing a simplified blend file for examination would help debugging go faster.

Also, what rendering engine are you using in Blender? Your physics tab is showing non-BGE panels.

I haven’t turned on any collision bounds. I have set origin points as it is. Anyways I will also share the blend file here.
impulse_test_bar.blend (829.5 KB)

I think its Evee render engine. But I am really not aware of any such render engines. I haven’t rendered it yet. I was just executing the code in game engine.

The only odd bug that I see is that the rigid-body object is falling through the floor. This can be fixed by simply changing the physics type as I suggested above such as type: Triangle Mesh; or Convex Mesh.

Like a motion detector? This can be done with Python:

import bge

self = bge.logic.getCurrentController().owner

WORLD_POS = [0,0,10]

if self.worldPosition == WORLD_POS:
  # do something

I think I have used convex mesh in physics engine and triangle mesh in game physics, but it didn’t work well though. Could you share your version of this file if possible.

Yes, its kind of similar, but I have to use a proximity sensor for the object to be detected at that point and then this impulse force is triggered to change the object’s orientation.

Hey,
This is happening again. But the object falls through the chute only when it is run on game engine. Everything works well when I use normal physics but I cannot apply impulse force in physiys engine using python. Correct me if I am wrong. I have attached screenshot here.