Game Engine FAQ--Now More Powerful!

I am trying to make a FAQ page on my site for the blender game engine. What I need is some frequently asked questions. So far I only have 2: How do I make a game and how do I make a standalone .exe.

So heres my request:
noobs-ask any questions that you think are very obvious and if I believe it is a FAQ then I will add it to my page with the answer;
Forum Monkeys (or anyone else whos been here for a while)-post the questions that you believe are asked many times by noobs along with a bit of an answer of your own if you wish

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT: If you have questions to add then go to my FAQ page and submit them there.

And the classic: " Why when I press P my textures disappear?" :slight_smile:

ALL CAPS … JUST BECAUSE

WHY DOESN’T MY CLOUD [OR OTHER TYPE] TEXTURE WORK?

WHY DON’T EXE FILES HAVE MY TEXTURES? WHY DON’T EXE FILES HAVE TEXTURES ON OTHER COMPUTERS

HOW DO I GET RID OF THE WATERMARK IN THE PLUGIN

WHAT VERSINO OF BLENDER IS THE BEST

HOW DO I MAKE A FPS

HOW DO I MAKE ENEMY AI

HOW DO I MAKE BULLETS

HOW DO I MAKE A CAR

HOW DO I MAKE GOOD STUFF

HOW DO I TEXTURE

HOW DO I MODEL

HOW DO I MAKE NETWORKED MULTIPLAYER

HOW DO I MAKE SPLIT SCREEN MULTIPLAYER

HOW DO I LEARN LOGICBRICKS

HOW DO I MAKE MONEY

HOW CAN I SELL MY GAMES

HOW DO I DO BUMP MAPPING

HOW DO I BAKE LIGHTING OR TEXTURES

HOW DO I MAKE DOOM 3 / HALO 2 / HALF LIFE 2 / CALL OF DUTY 2 / $RECENT_GAME$

HOW MUCH WORK IS CREATING A BLENDER GAME

SHOULD I LEARN BLENDER

HOW DO I MAKE OBJECTS ROLL

HOW DO I LEARN PYTHON

HOW DO I USE PYTHON IN GAME BLENDER

… there are bunches of common questions

HOW DO I MAKE DOOM 3 / HALO 2 / HALF LIFE 2 / CALL OF DUTY 2 / $RECENT_GAME$`

i’ve got the answer on this one, you don’t just buy a very expensive 3d program and find a big team wich is willing to help.

SHOULD I LEARN BLENDER

and to this one, yes you definatly should if you like drawing and wan’t to learn 3d.

HOW DO I MAKE MONEY

and to this one, find a job

and now my questions.

1.) how can i let a friend play my game if he doesn’t have blender installed?

2.) are there realy so much stupid questions? (you suprised me with the once you shown) didn’t know it was this worse.

niels

ohw and just to straigten something i’m not a noob/newbie just got back a from a little time doing other stuf then beieng around on elysiun and i kinda lost the pasword of my previous acount (and lost my mail adress) and you need at least one of them to change you’re pasword. Thought to clear this up.

WHEN IS CRESCENT DAWN COMING OUT?

WHAT DO NOOB MEEN?

WANT TO MAKE MMORPG TEAM? I HAVE STORY.

RONC

MY GAME IS GONNA BE RAELLY COOL BUT I DON’T KNOW HOW USE BLENDER. WHEN I CLICK ORANGE EYE STRANGE GRAY PROGRAM APEAR AND I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP.

That’s our most frequent question of course. Or something similar.

One thing on the FAQ should be how to make things transparent… that’s a frequent question.

Thanks for the help. At this rate my FAQ will definatly have to be multiple pages. Keep the questions coming if you believe they are relevant to the game engine.

Does IKA works on game engine?

Does materials work in game engine?

How does i make radiosity? Does It work on Game Blender?

Does this last feature of Blender made yesterday works in game engine?

Which version of Blender i need to use to make games in Blender?

I have saved a runtime. But, when i try to run it, the program asks me for .dlls.

HELP PLEASE.

!!!NOOBS QUESTION PLEASE HELP!!!. (<<<this kind of title explains a lot! %| )

How to use a 3d max model i made?

Whats the better amount of polys?

Where is the set smooth button?

HELP: Invisible faces.

AND finally the gretest winner: HOW DOES I MAKE A MIRROR IN GAME BLENDER? (Noobs loves mirrors!)

i can answer that…

Most likly Never :<
:wink:

NOR.J Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:51 am Post subject:

doogs wrote:
WHEN IS CRESCENT DAWN COMING OUT?

i can answer that…

Most likly Never

No guys ! :x Please not again ! Noobs do not deserve it… :slight_smile:

JD: PLEASE make a sticky for that. U can call “the monkees fighting arena”
Come on everybody ! Come and see two Blenderheads spending their time in a flame war! A very usefull topic.

I just thought of one:
DO PARTICLES WORK IN THE GAME ENGINE?

We hear this one more frequently than I’d like to admit. And the answer, of course, is “no.”

More:
HOW CAN I MAKE AN MMORPG?/ONLINE GAME?

CAN I USE BUMPMAPS?

HOW BIG CAN A GAME IN BLENDER BE?

HOW CAN I MAKE A GAME WITH NODES? (LIKE MYST)

A short tutorial on Properties and how to use them would also be helpful.

Thanks for all your input. Thanks to WWWTOOLZ.com, my FAQs page now allows users to submit questions.
http://outofthehat.freespaces.com/tutorials/gefaq/
I will likely add many of the questions listed here eventually if I get the time. If you would like to continue helping with this effort then add the questions there at the appropriate category and by sending people with common questions there as well so they can add it to my FAQ.

I think that will be the topic of my next tutorial (once I finish the ones I have yet to complete).

Aw, you beat me to it!

Another common question: How do I model a(n) [insert anything here]

There’s going to be an FAQ page in the Knowledge Base section of the GameBlender-4-Ever wiki. Thats a better place to have it, as all users will be able to contribute. :wink:

Keith. 8)