Game Engine improvements with Bullet Physics & OGRE graphics

This is GREAT!!!
Blender to a new level the Game Engine is the BEST

The Mac version won’t download. :frowning:

I’ve played around with this build alittle. Now, we can
make some really complex physic objects, really quickly.

Outstanding!

This is great news for game makers, and for artists, and
for people who make blender movies.

I’ve got a problem erwin. This is something that i believe was in the last blender release but its definately in your preview. If i apply a velocity (vy) then apply a force (fy) the direction of the two are not the same even though they should be. The velociy seems accurate, but the force snaps to roughly a 45 degree angle on the global coordinate system.

Linux version pleeeeeeeeeeease :slight_smile:
Thank you

I’ve been playing with this preview since yesterday and I have to say this is just awesome. I’m flooded with new possibilities. The constraints really are easy to work with once one gets the hang of them. We as the BGE community should already start considering how to put out tutorials in the use of them. Especially once the documentation comes out. Maybe bundle it with something about texture baking too.

oto you could compile your own from cvs

I tried to reduce the graphics ‘tearing’ artifacts, but graphics/timing issues are complicated in the engine.

http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pub/test/index.php?dir=blender/&file=blender-2.43-preview7d-win32.zip

PS: the nearsensor and some other ‘added objects’ are broken at the moment.
Erwin

Really nice build, I tried out the Riggedbody constraints and tried to simulate a sphere on a rope where the rope was made out of planes. But when the rope gets on a position to stop swinging, the planes which form the rope go crazy and it starts swinging again.

I’ll download this as soon as I get a chance, but before then I’ve got to know- how’s the character physics integration going?

Great! But why does this have to say that there is a missing dll zlib1.dll? Blender works great but its a little annoying…

This is very handy Erwin, thanks. It’s faster and easier than Python and these constraints make a workable forklift possible, finally.

Perhaps in a future build these constraints could be placed in the Logic Bricks panel (instead of the Object panel) where they could be dynamically created and controlled.

That’s actually a good idea yeah, since all the game engine related things are logic bricks. The design of such a logic bricks won’t be that difficult. :slight_smile:

Here’s a video of a test of the new object constraints.

http://www3.telus.net/BulletBlender/blender/Forklift_small.wmv

The constraint breaking threshold is too weak. And when I tried to set it in Python, it did nothing. If the mass of the objects is increased, it helps tighten up the constraints a little, but they’re then too heavy to move and require greater motion forces. :frowning:

More tweaking… :slight_smile:

I was able to download it. Great work Erwin! I really appreciate your contributions to the GE.

Try this one

note this is work in progress, and some features are broken.
Erwin

well… with this and a little experimantinoting, i managed to create my first own ragdoll. thank you guys. And ive made it so that the camera follows the ragdoll and it has a “baseball bat” parented to it… you can whack the ragdoll with it.

Why no PPC compatible version? :frowning: It sounds awesome though! Keep up the good work Erwin!!

The Generic6DOF uses the local coordinates of the objects. I wanted to have an object to stay on the x axis. The solution was to use Generic6DOF and set to 0.0 the LinMinX and LinMaxX , AngMinY and AngMaxY , AngMinZ and AngMaxZ. Simple logic says that the ball’s coordinates will be always have x = 0.0 . But after some testing with a moving from IPO object the ball change position and angle.
Here is my test .blend hosted by TurboUpload : http://d.turboupload.com/d/1297767/Test_Generic6DOF.blend.html
This was working when I was locking the position of the object with the constaint actuator. Was the right way to use the constraint actuator?

Another problem.
Blender crash. Example. I have Cube , Cube.001 and Cube.002. If I compound Cube and Cube.001 with parent object Cube and then I create a Constraint for Cube.002 and set the toObject to Cube.001 then Blender crash. If I set the toObject to Cube works fine.
Here is a .blend again from turboupload : http://d.turboupload.com/d/1297903/Com_Con_Test.blend.html
it contains in Scene.001 the problem and in Scene the good one.
Erwin if you don’t wand me to post problems like this just tell me.