Game Engine questions

Hello all :slight_smile: i got difficult question about blender Game Engine. after this answer i will post another one, im very active and my dream is to create my own game in physics - i will do everything to create it, learn everyday Blender, and the fastest way to learn is to ask others for current questions :slight_smile:

how to make my bots (enemies) that they would follow my player and allways avoid walls/trees/rocks etc? i mean, that they would seek for an shortest way to be near player, but if on way are any materials, they would go around them.
i think here i need an Python programming. if anybody knows tutorial about this, please tell me :slight_smile:

Hello
if you dare to download this boring “game” you’ll notice that the “bots” have a very basic AI without python scripts.
You can try to adapt it to your game, maybe?!
If you need help, let me know!
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151155&highlight=yet+another+fps+game
Bye

your game is huge, with lots of scenes, layers, objects. in which scene which name of enemie should i search to find your enemies game engine blocks? :slight_smile:

I guess that my answer it was a bit “vague”, but your question it was very “vague” too!
Even if my AI example is basic, it demands a quite good knowledge of GE basics.
Anyway, go to “game” scene!
Select a “bot_oto_physics” object
This object controls/carries all the Logic/Objects/Meshes of the “enemy entity”
This object follow a path animated with IPO keys ( you can do it manually, but it’s much more easy using the “Path2Ipo” script!
Theres different states too
the starting state its just a basic walking animation
When the “Near” sensor detects the “player” it triggers the “state” changing
In the “new” state, there’s a “survey” animation
And so on, each new event trigger a state changing!
Bye