game engine resolution(height) is 1080 max?

Hello,

Always wanted to know why i have black bars when i launch the game/blender fullscreen.
I got a resolution of 1920x1200 but whatever i do, even with manual settings to overide the resolution it stays at 1080.

is there something i can do to get it to 1200(height)?

render.setWindowSize(1920, 1200)

Does not work, it just sticks to 1080 with the black bars ofc its 1200, but i dont like it.

I even Build a .exe file out of it to see if it is only blender but also the .exe version got the black bars on top and bottom.

#edit
I am using blender 2.76

screenshot to show you.

Have you checked the aspect ratio of the camera?

The Embedded Player resolution will set the aspect ration of your camera. Make sure its the same as the Standalone Player resolution.

Have you checked the aspect ratio of the camera?

i didn’t even know that the embedded player(never use it, always stand alone due to embedded dont show all bugs/things) sets the ratio, but this gives me another headache. Now i need to adjust every scene/objects to fit the new aspect ratio.

Also another question rises, if that sets the aspect then what use does render.setWindowSize(1920, 1200) have?
and if i set it at 1200 to get fullscreen what happends if someone opens it on a 1280*1024 resolution? wil it be out of scale or how do i need to look at this?

These options here will decide how to handle different aspect ratios.

The Standalone Player Resolution is the render resolution, so if set to 200x300 the game will be rendered in that resolution and then the Framing options will decide how to fit it on the screen.

You get fullscreen by setting the fullcreen flag rather than setting the resolution. If the fullscreen flag is not set you get an output window.

The max size in full-size depends on your GPU.
The max size in window mode depends on your OS (a window can exceed the desktop dimensions).

for example, I have a two monitor system.

Fullscreen is one monitor only.
Window mode can occupy both monitors. The max width is two monitors (win8).

These options here will decide how to handle different aspect ratios.

The Standalone Player Resolution is the render resolution, so if set to 200x300 the game will be rendered in that resolution and then the Framing options will decide how to fit it on the screen.

Thank you, i can work with that.

You get fullscreen by setting the fullcreen flag rather than setting the resolution. If the fullscreen flag is not set you get an output window.

Yes indeed, those options are used aswell, but with the ‘fullscreen’ i meant fullscreen on my desktop in the right resolution.

Fullscreen is one monitor only.
Window mode can occupy both monitors. The max width is two monitors (win8).

Well, fullscreen is not 1 monitor only, can be 2, 3 or even more. depending on how you set it up.
like you said you got dual monitors, blender can use both of em, returning a game that can be fullscreen(without borders) on both monitors. But then you need to design it for it aswell.

Btw. can the framing options be changed during gameplay(with python), or even before starting the actual game blend? (only result google gives me are things about keyframes(animations)).