Game Engine Standalone Shading Problem

I’m using blender 2.64 on Xp. I’ve almost finished my first blender game, but when I try to run it in the standalone player some of the shadows/texturing just goes all black. Everything seems to work fine in the embedded player but when I run the standalone the shadows are messed up. I think it might have something to do with the bake. I haven’t “baked” it, nor do i know what settings to bake it to. This project is due in two days so a answer soon would be nice.

Thanks in advance

Standalone Player Embedded Player

Almost similar thing happened to me one time re: baking textures and missing the materials after reload or blender restart. Try saving the images in UV editor and make sure to pack your blend files before standalone export.

Hey thanks for the reply. I think I figured it out, its really simple. I hadn’t added a material to some of the objects, because there was no need to yet, therefore they just came up as black. Thanks for the reply

Make sure that every object has a material on it, and if you’ve baked an image (the shadows) to a texture, make sure you’ve actually saved the texture, either to disk, or packing it in as a PNG in the blend file (in the image window’s menu).