game expose 2??

remember the original games expose? :slight_smile: All of the larger game blender projects were displayed in it and we all thought the whole article was really interesting and cool. well, i think its about time for another. i mean, why not? how long has it been since the original?

I think it should include a follow-up on all of the projects which was in the original because I know atleast vertigo changed very dramatically since then and im sure some of the others have too. We could also include articles on any new big projects or cool things happening in the community as well. Another cool feature could be interviews with some of the people who worked on all of the original big projects (the ones that were abandoned and the ones which are still going). With the interviews we could compare some of the set-backs, ideas, innovations, future plans, etc., etc. that each project team had.

I just thought it would be cool to have another expose…what do you all think?

YES! Of course! Absolutely! :smiley:
That would be so awesome… :slight_smile:

Yes that would be cool. Hmm, who did the first expose? Maybe he/she can do it again if they have time.

I for one would like to know what happend to the games that were in the making. Did any of them actually make it to completion? Granted it takes very long to make good games, but very little was heard about them since then.

Jason Lin

Vertigo and Crescent dawn are the ones I know of, but the other ones might still be going too.

I’m always interested on what’s going on with blender’s game engine.

Go for it :slight_smile:

Hmm, it was Saluk who did the expose, right?

http://www.spinheaddev.com/gameexpose0.html

To my knowledge none of these games are completed yet.

Dracolith is probably discontinued because the old team doesn’t seem to have the time to continue working on it.

Vertigo and Crescent Dawn is probably the only games that are still up and running. Twilight Quest by Doc Holiday is probably still in the works, but I can’t be quite sure. Haven’t heard anything about the other games like Sachi Soup, Twilight Quest (Website for game is down by the way), and Dark Squad.

Hmm, the new Expose should add the current large projects that are in the works as well.

Jason Lin

Next time I talk to saluk I’ll bring this up, maybe we’ll do another one…

last time his entire site was slashdotted :wink:

RonC

Sounds awesome, btw a idea was bothering me. Creating a Game Blender Trailer. With some awesome footage from serveral games and put it together to a 10 minutes or 5 minute big movie. Each game or project will be shown in this movie.

I was already planning to do this, so I bought an old Adobe premiere software package, and soon I start searching for some people who want to give away a never shown preview of there project in real game footage/action. People that want to put there game inside it, can mail me at:

• [email protected]
  • type there name, e-mail address
  • tell what game project they are working on and type they want to be inside this trailer.

The next thing I want to do is mailing Ton Rosendaal (blender creator) to have an idea to put this In Blender Game Footage video on the blender3d.org site. Hopefully he agrees with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

So mail me if you want a video part in this trailer. When the time comes, I mail the people that mailed me, and give them instructions how I’ll work on it. 8)

Dracolith isn’t discontinued. It’s just on hiatus while the team is busy with other things. It should be making a comeback in the not so far future. Probably with a major design overhaul to make it compatible with the newest versions of Blender.

BTW JD-multi, I’ve sent you an email about that games trailer. Sounds like a great idea.

Ok Wiseman I check my mail. Btw about Dracolith. We have to talk about that soon. Currently I’m freaking bussy with much things except Blender :frowning: but it looks like I can have some sparetime in 2005 to continue on it. Well we can talk about this later. :stuck_out_tongue:

YES! Of course! Absolutely!

That would be so awesome…

Yes that would be cool.

Sounds awesome

great! sounds like enough people are interested in it, so lets do it! :smiley:

Next time I talk to saluk I’ll bring this up, maybe we’ll do another one…

ok, cool…if you all dont feel like doing it, somene else could…i cant though, since im working on my contest entry.

Btw, Jd-Multi: how long would we have to compose some video for that thing? because ide like to have vertigo in it, but i dont know when i can focus on making a video clip.

TomorrowMan: Jd-Multi: how long would we have to compose some video for that thing? because ide like to have vertigo in it, but i dont know when i can focus on making a video clip

Well If I check mine schedule, it would be around 2007,… lol no joke, it will be around spring 2005 and finish it before the summer holiday. It would contains very secret video footage until the end it will be released. Also old games will be added inside it to show people what the engine actually can do. :smiley: Down here what I want to show.

• Nice Blender 3D logo intro
  • little demo, to show of fast you can create a control moveable object and run the game engine and show realtime. (promote: fastest/simplest way to create 3D games)
  • then some sources (what’s possible)
  • then some old games and demo’s (sweet video actions)
  • at the end a very exiting part that must give people the bumpy skin what’s possible. (footage of games in progress) 8) (E3 look a like)
  • end credits of games included it’s creators, and Made with Blender 3D :smiley:

That’s what I’ve in mind to put in that trailer. I want to finish that way that it gives a proffessional look to visitors. The big idea behind this is, get people motivated to use the game engine part of blender and hopefully coders would be attracted to this too to use it for there code projects on school or else. That means we can hopefully can gain some more coders working on it and show coders that already work on it, what we’ve done so far.

it should start with crescent dawn and end with it. haha ill do some cool music for it. Lemme know

RonC

ok then…ill try to whip up something jd…

Doogs: Yeah that’s good, try to compose some relaxt music for demo for creating simple moveable object, and sources. Then an slower action soundtrack for the old video’s and as final real action music for the O_o videos :stuck_out_tongue:

TomorrowMan: Ok that sounds awesome, keep in mind, use uncompressed video codec. Like normal avi (no divx) and also DON’T RELEASE ANY VIDEOS if you want to be in the trailer. It must be a suprise for everyone what will be shown inside it. 8)

hey doogs, did you ever talk to saluk about that? also, would anyone else be interested in organizing the second expose if doogs and saluk dont feel up to it?

I’d love for my current project to be featured if you guys would have it. I still do big games, the only reason you haven’t heard from me as much is because I don’t need much help anymore! heh

Well, I want to do that. Because I’ll already do the game trailer. Anyways some days ago I got a nice idea about a Blender Game Expo, but I don’t know how it would look like. All I know so far, it will be 2 or 3 days online, afther that completly gone until 1 year later. I should have high speed webserver available for this, and ofcourse need some people to host files for 2 or 3 days. But I’ll come up suddenly with it in 2005, no real date yet. :-?

Well, I want to do that

you mean, you might be interested in doing the expose? :expressionless:

Anyways some days ago I got a nice idea about a Blender Game Expo, but I don’t know how it would look like. All I know so far, it will be 2 or 3 days online, afther that completly gone until 1 year later.

hmm…sounds interesting…could you elaborate on this idea a bit tho…i mean, what would you have just a big showcase of blender games and people doing presentations or lessons? :-?

I’d love for my current project to be featured if you guys would have it.

sounds good to me…we should probably get as many projects/articles as we can to make a really good expose…maybe make it into more of an e-magazine style this time? If JD were to organize the whole thing, I could probably help on a few articles and graphics. cant do a whole lot though, since im in the game contest and ill probably be in the next one too.