Game Ready Dragon Model (please critique)

@jonim8or - The front feet actually of the dragon in that picture aren’t all that different from the feet on my dragon. The hind feet are a little different, but I made my dragon’s hind legs more like a dog’s legs. the “thumb” is actually higher up on the heel, the part touching the ground is only the ball of the foot and the toes. Plus, who says crocodiles don’t fly? :eyebrowlift:

@Novaslayer - I’ve decided against spines down the back merely because of vertex limitations. I don’t want to go over 5000 verts on dragon models for this game.

I finished a rough flight cycle for the dragon, is there any way i could attach a quicktime file here? :spin:

-Wolfboy

Ha! I got a Youtube account!

Here is my dragon’s flight cycle test:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vulkman21?feature=mhee

The model looks nice, i like the detail that the 2 heads have different horns, the color differance on the horn should probably been a bit bigger. Also, the horns looks a bit small for the scale. In this case, bigger is meaner i think :wink:

Nice animation. It could be a bit more lively if the dragons body would move up and down in the opposite direction of the wings. (the down-motion of the wings moves the dragon body upwards)
Also the nek and tail could move along.

Anyway, nice stuff! keep going.

I’ve been working on a walk cycle for the last day or two. I’ll post a video soon.

@Jeana - I don’t think I’m going to change the mesh anymore. Now that I’ve started animating, it would be a big hassel i think.

@jonim8or - In the flight cycle animation, the body does move up and down and the neck and tail actually do move along, it is just hard to see it with the camera movement.

-Wolfboy

Hey guys, here is the walk cycle animation:

-Wolfboy/Vulkman :stuck_out_tongue: