Game Startup Flamers

In that case, freality (mind if I call you that?), we have the opportunity to become the first Blender Pros and go down in history as pioneers in the 3D world.
Cool :cool:

Sounds good to me :cool:

Either that, or my jazz/rock star dream…

PS Yeah, freeality works, dont hesitate to call me drew tho, it is shorter :wink:

in my step and I speak only for me
I am a programmer, but without experience in videogames, they change many things, it is not difficult to understand them as you have mentioned before if they recommend a place to go or where to read or where to learn something should also do their part to learn.

I do not think I have many friends here, I do not think that they will love me very much, my cincerity and not knowing how to lie they put me in trouble frequently

specifically speaking of the subject …
my written English can be very very bad, but I try to speak it is very easy, and even that offends them, the way you say you do not understand is annoying and annoying, badly I think.

Usually when I ask something it is as follows
I pose my problem within my possibilities of understanding and language
my questions start like this …
Hello, where can I learn this concept?
I did this but it does not work, could you check it and tell me where is my error?
I have this idea and I have seen your game and I would like to know if you can teach me a bit about the subject, I will not bother you much, only occasional questions

Well … even this bothers you, and not only that, they answer you wrong, they ignore you, they block you, as if you had insulted them or wanted to kill them! In truth, they give more shame than anything

If you who already have a respectable level in the topic had the culture of making an almanac or a bible where they would give examples and the answers they gave for solutions, people would bother them less, and could form the culture in the newcomers so that consult that space first and then come back with questions that did not resolve because there is nothing there that can help them

Another thing that would work is that places like this have a post where all of you experts have agreed on a development standard to make it easier for them to handle this situation by sending the new being to read the basic things that he must know in order to start a development, as is the basic knowledge in a 3d software, how to use an image editor, the series of basic modeling tutorials, uv maps, texture, creation of a character, armor, rigging, animation … etc … etc …
and I say it this way because it is what I have done, find out the basics and raise my skills, but I have done this because I am a programmer and I have the basics to know that programming is structured and based on that reasoning structure my learning curve

in 2 years I learned what I did not learn in 15 on 2d and 3d, I am not nor sercano at medium level but it is easy for me to understand many things with simple references that I read about you

I clarify that this is not a requirement, so that they are not offended more than they are
It’s just my very personal opinion and it should not affect or influence anyone in any way that is not in the best way so that they know a different point of view

whom I thank very much for your support and passion
first to redfrostgames, monster, Alpha Fred kS, Bueprint who is passive with our questions because I know he is quite busy and many times he is working but he does not let you die alone, namescft, and many others that without having to respond immediately have had the kindness to do it, and I have expressed to them that it does not matter if they can not respond at that moment that if it takes a few days nothing bad happens, that I understand that you are also busy making a life and that this is extra.

So I hope that when you read me, do not just think … God is already asking you a question. They also know that the more I learn, the more I can help others and the little questions I ask them, and that will be my way of thanking them for this, and maybe one day I can help them with a question you ask and not because I am better than you did over time, but because you gave me the ability to grow and learn more quickly and that helped me generate double or triple the knowledge, which I will never deny sharing with someone

I hope I have not been inpertinent or rude

thanks for reading me

12 years later, nice find with this topic lol

I know, I saw the date, but I could not help saying the things that I think
and similarly I think it’s a subject that is not sawn, because you will repeat it every day as new users arrive

and it’s part of what I’ve faced, do not miss me, well yes, there are three subjects that I consider harmful for learning
and the worst thing is that they have enough followers here in discord, I will avoid the names so as not to make them good or bad publicity but if they are things that have to be reconsidered

regards

Keep in mind, we are not teachers here, we do not teach anything we help fixing problems and or pointing you in the right direction. People often think… if i ask a question someone will write the script for me, that is not how it works. You need to learn scripting (you as in general), so we provide some snippets on how you could tackle your problem, but due to you got not much exp with python, you get frustrated quite fast, and there you get problems, because the the OP will be a bit mad and the replays will be not that nice anymore as well, then the readers think screw it, find your own way.

In short it comes from both sides, if you really are proofing that you are trying to learn, then people will help you no matter what problem you have, but don’t expect people to write complete script for you.

It’s fun to see that after 12 years things have changed, due to i didn’t see so much trouble here the last years, in fact everyone is very help full. Even with stupid questions (i know i had a few stupid questions, that i could solve myself before even asking for help), but that happend’s and no one will blame you for it.

Ooh and @bartv you did not found the only one haha

1 Like

You are right. . . But
This is true now because the so called “flamers” aren’t here any more. If they were, it would be the same now as it was then. I remember those days/threads. which is the reason why I lurked here for so many years, before joining. And even after joining, I didn’t post for quite a while.

Here is the correct answer for a newbie wanting to learn how to make a game.

Something like . . . insert your own recommendations if you think mine are wrong

1 - build your player characters, get it perfect, just the way you want it.
2 - build your playing area, scale it to your player. Texture/paint it the way you want it.
3 - build your assets. ( and so on and so forth)

Instead, the newbie got “stomped”.

Glad those days are gone.

To be fair, at that time there were close to a million members.(if I remember correctly) So any forum with that many members would have it’s share of “flamers”.

1 Like

The only thing that I think has changed is that we don’t get nearly as many people starting out with BGE and asking how to make an MMO. I think Social hit the nail on the head, and that answer is no less relevant now. I miss his posts…

It’s simple, if one doesn’t like the direction the thread is going. or the person who posted it. Then just hit the effin back button. They have no right calling someone a moron, bullying because they are popular, or squashing someones creativity. It’s possible that the newbie could have made a MMO, (not likely) and maybe we could have learned something from the newbie. But we’ll never know now.

I like Social, he’s helped me quite a bit. But I think telling someone to leave the website, starting a flame war, is wrong. (unless they’re the admin, I guess)

I know of a few people who spammed the forum for answers, and became a very good game dev, who returned the favor by helping others out. That’s what a forum is for. if someone said to them “You are a delusional moron” “Leave the forums, now” perhaps they would never become the helpfull person they are now. Just my .02. You all are free to disagree. But, If one does disagree, then perhaps they are part of the problem.

1 Like

I must have missed reading that somewhere. Where did you see that happening? That wasn’t my impression of the situation at all.

I’ve been making games in BGE for around a decade now, and only now I feel I could take a pretty good crack at a large multiplayer game with a lobby and all that. The challenge this thread is addressing is: trying to explain to a new eager user that doesn’t know Python yet that it’s a long hard journey to learn the skills to create such an ambitious project and maybe they should grit their teeth on something achievable so they don’t burn out. Small wins are better than one large drawn out failure.

I’m not a big MMO fan. . . but. . . That would be cool.
You’re right though, it would be a huge undertaking for a newbie. But we all have to start somewhere. And think of how much we could learn.:slight_smile:

Very first post. Way back in 2006. LOL.

You are very wrong, today I work on my own bender fork, and I will follow my own path, I will not follow the steps of blender org, I go in a different direction. but I will use many things that blender does in my own engine

that you think I did not learn and that I get frustrated is because you do not know me. I only expressed what I felt. nothing else

I do not look for teachers, only people who tell me in which direction, and I do not look for them to do scripts for me, only to explain things I do not know.

proud to be me as I show myself without masquerades, this face that is the only time I have. with few friends but good friends

I work alone, my fork is called BLENDER BLACKENED, I will keep the line of BGE, Ketsji, Crystal engine.
Pyroquinesis name will make a system of particles for this, something that everyone wants in bge, something that if I change is the use of python, I will not mutilate but if I integrate my own console c ++ and you can directly affect the code, to create new functions that you will have to copy by modules, I am a good pentester, this is not my area presumably because I did not know that it is a shader or an AO, and even I did not know how to create 3d models, but I have better bases in programming and in 2 years aprendy what that many will not learn in 10, I give thanks for the people that have affected my life in a positive way, I am not ungrateful, and even if I do not know the answer I never leave someone without answering, and I at least point out the address in which I would go instead, because I know that makes you keep your spirits up and helps you to perceive

It is not my intention to come and set fire to this place, if I almost do not visit it anymore it is because I really do not like it anymore and not so much for the people, if not for the path that I follow today …

in short … it is only my peculiar and very personal opinion, it is not obligatory to agree with my point of view, and I do not think I am wrong, I am bad diplomat, I am crystal clear and transparent, I reflect it in my words because I do not lie , it is easy to know when I feel good or bad, very simple without complications, perhaps hilarious knowledge, but who could blame someone else for wanting to know more and learn fast.

How come that i am wrong if you agree with me?

No i did not say that, i meant it in general, not to you personally but to every reader with the problem.
This: (you as in general) is not there for nothing. I replied to you, so it feels like i meant you there but that is not the case.

And it should be like that, that’s a good thing.

sounds interesting, and you came far in 2 years if you already going to tackle the source.

Oof good, it’s already to hot outside these days haha, kidding, what you do is totally up to you, we are not here to judge you, and everything is in line so don’t worry.

No one will, heck people will only support it. The biggest problem here is, not everyone can handle it.

1 Like

Blender Blackened?

Did you go to the dark side of the force?

1 Like

yes, of course, in the dark side we have cookies

The new forum software has a feature that is supposed to show similar threads to the one you are in.

The downside, it often shows very old threads and it encourages users to bump them to the top (especially since there’s no more auto-locking).

As the whereabouts as to what happened to Assumptions is unknown, it’s unlikely he’s going to come back to read the new replies (though it is true he got treated pretty badly back then).

I barely know anything and I still build my systems all by myself. What gives?

Honestly, I can’t stand people. I’m not even native to english, I learned so I could go through books that aren’t translated. All of us can read so we have no excuse; the information is there, go chase after it. Boards are meant for dicking around and discussing the specifics, it’s not a sodding classroom. If you can’t even google out the basics then get out. Now.

Don’t care if someone disagrees~

Just wait until you get a problem that isn’t common, related specifically to the BGE, and only one of the longer term users has a hope of relating to it. That’s assuming you do actually make things with the BGE that are more complicated than a pin ball machine.

Meh, it’s not like I know you or anything.

Interesting that a thread complaining about flamers is now seeing the beginning of a flamewar :fire: :shield:

Being a 12 year old thread as well, it might need a :lock: