Game texturing basics: Help!

Hello everyone. This is seacigar. :smiley:

It’s been a while since I’ve needed to write here: I just want to say, thank you all, that have helped me to bring my game closer to reality (you know who you are :wink: )

Anyways, My problem is nothing revolutionary, however… I am at the final stage of development for the first section of my level: texturing

I need a few problems answered: first off: I want to be able to paste one large texture on multiple faces at once: is there any way to select multiple faces, and put the ONE texture on them? I know you can put the texture on all faces at once, but I dont want multiple copies on each face, I want one texture over ALL the the selected faces: I hope I made that easy enough to understand…

Second off, is there a way to “merge” the texture window and 3d window, so you can place the texture directly to the object, like a stamp? It sounds impossible, but I’ve seen a demo that shows it being done; the demo was very short, however, and it advertised gameblender in general, and didn’t explain any specific techniques… It was part of the hoverboard demo, I believe, while Blender .nl was up…

Generally, though, I just need tutorials in realtime texturing techniques…

I know the fundamentals: uv painting, material based lighting, and the like; I know that gameblender’s materials program is limited, but I also know there are some advanced technuiques that can be applied in it, based on some amazing games I’ve played made on this engine.

Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

Sheesh

I want to be able to paste one large texture on multiple faces at once: is there any way to select multiple faces, and put the ONE texture on them? I know you can put the texture on all faces at once, but I dont want multiple copies on each face, I want one texture over ALL the the selected faces: I hope I made that easy enough to understand…

that is the SAME thing i am having problems with ( hope that we can get sum help)
but may i ask " is there a way to make the polys duble faced in gameblender so that you can look at them from both sides? i have had a really hard time trying to do anything in gameblender cuz of that.
Well good luck with gettin sum help with texturing multiple polys at once (and if you find a tutorial on how to do it plzie post a link here) :smiley:

Hello to both

read this tutorial i guess that it will help

http://capsulemag.chez.tiscali.fr/blenderlab/tutorials/tut-5/tut5-1.htm

Keep Blending
António

Wahoo thx man thats JUST what i needed :smiley: great find

:slight_smile: it looks very promising: thanks for the link, OTO

:smiley: even better: I found out about the 3D merging technique here: youve been a great help, man :smiley: