Game3 planetary gravity demo with hud

this was actually a highly successful experiment for another project (@Fred_K.S TBW project) and i figured it would be a great way to show off the new code base.

so im not really sure what ill add, but if i make something cool, ill throw it in and update.

remember, this is all the same template. delete the planets and add a normal level and itll work all the same.

2 Likes

Wonderfull. I love Fredā€™s TBW game, canā€™t wait to play it when released. Now i will have some fun with your demo! :+1:

remember to download the latest master from github, i threw in some updates this morning. link is in first post.

2 Likes

updated the game3 module to Alpha test 2 and cleaned up the demo a little.

upbge 024 users need to set the color space to ā€œLinearā€ for the proper colors.

2 Likes

Dae, you should update this page, heck even create a Game3 Discord server. Seriously. Some of the people would love to see the latest updates you have currently made with Game3 :wink:

with most of the container bugs fixed, i should update this with the newest one. id do it now but the powers been out all eveningā€¦

1 Like

Dude, that would be awesome.

Thanks Dae

z.rot = atan(x.speed/y.distance) :man_scientist:

i feel like your trying to tell me you want the planets to rotate. ive given this quite a bit of thought, and have concluded the physics simply isnt stable enough.

since pulling the plug on game3 repository, its unlikely there will be any new versions of this.

oh, more like orbit around something they pointing with their local Y axis for a given speed on the X axis. It works pretty well. With the motion actuator, you donā€™t even need physics or to pulse each time

mot.dRot = [0,0,atan(mot.dLoc[0] / (planet.worldPosition - sun.worldPosition ).length]