Garden (Biology Project)

This is the beginning of a garden visualization project as homework for my Biology class. We’re supposed to take 10 different kinds of plants (trees, flowers, vegetables, herbs, etc.) and position them in a garden using companion planting. Technically, I could turn in something as simple as a drawing of a couple squares with labels, but it’s not due until next Monday, so where’s the fun in that? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, this is the start of the project. I’ll upload a simple diagram soon to show what plants I’ll be putting inside.

Attachments

Nice! I did the same kinda thing with visualizing a uranium 235 atom, i have it on here if you want to check it out.

Here’s another update; I’ve added an apple tree. I know that it’s not 100% accurate, but I’ve found it to be quite difficult to copy a deciduous tree using Sapling, so I did the best I could :stuck_out_tongue:

BlenderCranium, thanks! I took a look at your visualization, and it was really well done :yes:

Attachments

Here’s another update. Sorry about the noise, but I’m trying not to take too much render time until the final image. I’ve added an apricot tree, and again, sorry about the inaccuracy :no:

Attachments

So beautiful! I love gardens. Can’t wait for more updates! :slight_smile:

Glad you like it :slight_smile: Here’s another update; I’ve darkened the soil a bit and detailed the texture mask so the wood chips on the dirt looked more like wood chips :stuck_out_tongue:

Attachments

you doing this for a HS class?

I added some strawberry plants; these will be “planted” with lupin, which I’ll be adding soon.

BlenderCranium, yes, I am. For this specific homework assignment, I obviously got off easy :eyebrowlift:

Attachments

A, I’m in HS too, it’s always nice to use blender for school work :stuck_out_tongue:

A, I’m in HS too, it’s always nice to use blender for school work :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, me too! Except sometimes it seems like it makes a 30 minute project take 3 hours, but at least it’s fun.

Nice garden so far. I suggest you could put some signs up that tell which plants are which. And mabie make the dirt pile against the tree trunks a little?

Thanks for your response, Jonathan! I will be adding labels in the end, but I figured I wouldn’t bother until I was finished. And I actually did pile the dirt up against the tree trunks, a fair amount, too. It just doesn’t show very well :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll try to make it more obvious.

I’ve added some Lupin next to the strawberries; I’m guessing they probably wouldn’t be flowering at the same time Strawberries, Apples, and Apricots were growing, but it looks best when the flowers are there. The assignment is on companion planting, not when the plants flower or produce fruit.

Attachments

I’ve added some carrots.

Attachments

And here are the tomato plants. Next up are onions+chamomile and peppers+marigolds and I can label it :yes:

Attachments

Nice! Cool update. I love the detail, it looks so realistic!

I did a project in blender for HS. My teacher told me not to do it again because the other kids, who knew nothing about blender, were very jealous…

That’s unfortunate… My teacher actually suggested I use it because of a presentation that I made sometime earlier this year using Blender.

I wish I had your teacher… :frowning:

My teacher told me not to do it again because the other kids, who knew nothing about blender, were very jealous…

Haha, my teacher thought I was plagiarizing by copying something off Google images!

I’ve added the chamomile and onions now.

Attachments

Very nice work…

Good luck in completing it

Thanks!

Here’s the final garden; I still need to render it a little longer to eliminate all the noise and add the labels, but it’s pretty much finished (I added peppers and marigolds).

Attachments