Gargoyle

Hello,
I wanted to share my progress on a reinterpretation of Goliath from the Disney series Gargoyles. I have sculpted the body based around human anatomy tutorials and references. I intend to retopologize it and then use multires to add additional details. I think the wings could be better and might remake them when I merge them with the retopologized model.
I hope to get it to a point where it feels like an existing creature and can animate it :smiley:
Happy blending!

Here it is, nearly completed.
There is one issue that I haven’t got a clue how to tackle. If you remember the show, Goliath could fold his wings over his chest so that it would look like a cloak. The wings took on properties more akin to cloth at that point I believe.
This rig uses splineIK for the bat fingers and the finger-webs are not weight painted because I imagine that would complicate the transition between flying and cloak. I think cloth sim is the answer, but I’m not sure. Also, I don’t know much about the cloth simulation system properties and thus what to tweak to go from behaving like bat wings to behaving like a robe.
If anyone has any thoughts, I am open to suggestions.

Happy Blending :smiley:

I have it posed!
Well, I think this is where I will end this project. I watched this Anatomy for Artist series to learn how to form the body, tackled hair cards for the first time, used Rigify (CGDive tutorials were very helpful) for most of the rig but added wings to the generated rig. and I used action constraints to transition the wings to a cape
I think the texturing could still be improved and the cloth sim, on the little clothing Goliath has, could be better. In the end though, I like how it turned out. :smiley:

Happy Blending

1 Like

This looks really cool!