Gate 267

You could adapt a design similar to the (real life) weapons that allow you to shot around corners…

Cant remember its name, but heres a couple of images of them in use :slight_smile:

Beautiful metal shader.

I would try to post a diagram of a possible solution but I’m under restrictions because I haven’t posted the required 10 comments yet. however if you look up my old system (CIWS or Phalanx), on YouTube you can see videos of it in action. it should give you some ideas for a solution, just take the design flip it over and replace R2D2 with your gun.

I just looked at my account and found I can’t post links yet but I can attach photos, so I’m going to give it a try. these are 2 missile launchers (one is the mark 26 and the other the mark 13 also called the one arm bandit) and the final one is a 51 radar, with the exception of a few all weapon systems (that don’t move) work on the same principle for movement, the fist like your gun, attaches to the sides to allow vertical movement and the second is a base that swivels this allows for aiming on the horizontal plane. I hope this is helpful. I don’t know of any books (that the military will let go of) other than maybe Jane’s fighting ships but I haven’t seen a copy of that for at least 30 years. oh and thanks for the encouragement.

Attachments

This is very beautiful

How can you be this good? Any tips for someone who can barely model a computer screen and certainly can’t texture like you can?

Badass, nice work :))

10/10.

I think I like your individual model shots more than the final scene.

Very realistic looking good work

Really nice one, not getting through there :wink: I feel the danger, however the smoke wasn´t convincing, still need some work.

How to make this laser beam??

How to make a laser beam light like this ?? Plz guide me by making new thread and taking me there…or refer me to an already posted on “laser beam making” topic

Very well done. It’s a shame you didn’t have time to put in cg smoke. That would make it spectacular!

Damn, that’s good. How long did this take you?

Very good job.

Keep coming back to this image. Amazing, amazing materials. Looks so very real. The only thing not the most real are those bubbles from the vents. That’s the only thing that makes me think it’s not quite 100% real :slight_smile:

Just learning about PBR materials. Did you use PBR for all the hard surfaces? Looks absolutely stunning.

ace quality hard surface + level of detail

Was the laser beam added in the 3D too? That’s something I rarely see in 3D and imagine would be a challenge :smiley:

Thanks man. No unfortunatly this is post production. But if you want to do it in blender you have to create a plane assign a mix shader emission transparent and use a noise texture as a mix factor and after the render in the composition add a blur on top of it.

Yes i use Correct fresnel effect which make the material behave like in real life. Look at the making of here