Gateway Padlock

please tell me if its good or bad and don’t worry about how i feel…its my first post and am happy:D.

Attachments

Doesn’t look like a very strong lock. Maybe it is the shape you were going for, but it does not look like a real lock to me. It is way to thin and the “locky” part looks like a straw. Perhaps show your geometry so we can comment on that. I like the inset of the letters.

The color is about right, maybe a little reflectivity on the body. The texture looks a little off. All and all not bad for a first post.

Needs layer weight.

show us mesh wire
and if you have a real model pic show it also so we can compare it !

good beginning but need some tweeking !
done in cycles here ?

happy cycles

Basic modeling seems to be ok. Don’t you think the shackle part need to be heftier? Need little more texture work? Basic modeling seems to be ok. Don’t you think the shackle part need to be heftier? Need little more texture work? You can find plenty of photos to emulate from on the net.

http://fullworksfiresafety.com.au/WebRoot/iinet/Shops/fullworks_fire_safety/4F8C/0F49/A2BF/CD12/21EB/C0A8/2D24/FF17/PADKEY.jpg

how do i do that? am new to blender.

I had a padlock exactly like that one (same brand and everything)… needless to say, my bike was stolen

but tbh I think you have it looking pretty “real” though the shackle part does seem thin, it is on those locks…

I would use a very stretched cloud map (influencing normals) to create the “brushed” brass effect…