Gauss tank - realtime model

Beautiful work endi.
It’s great to see the different versions. And I appreciate the texture paint image. It gave me lots of ideas :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing more of your fantastic work!

Update: wireframe at first post.

I’ve noticed that when it comes to metal works - you rock man!

True, we can feel its cold touch and scratchy acid smell!

The mutant offspring of Herbie and Full Metal Jacket…:evilgrin:

…Brilliant :cool::cool:

Simply jaw-dropping. The texture work is phenomenal and the model is very intricate. And you say this is for the game engine? Could you let us see a video of this thing in real-time?

Mr. Endi? When are you going to make us a delightful game?

that looks awsome!
But how does one enter or exit such a vehicle?

Great job! It got into featured artwork, need I say more?

0_o

Holy crap. That is amazing.

Well. What is there really to say about this? Incredible. And the fact that you textured in blender…:eyebrowlift:

What’s your target platform? I mean, what engine are you planning to use? 16,000 tris is totally XBox360 polycount. I’m so out of the loop when it comes to the modern standards for this sort of stuff.

This is a pretty awesome design and you pulled it off completely. When I first saw the renders I thought it was a highpoly SubD model. The wheel-wells especially sell the high-poly feel, and the normal map is just awesome. Did you bake it with Blender’s baking tools?

And wait… you painted all the textures in blender? Holy crap…

I have painted only the mask for the oiled and scratched parts. All other coming from the hipoly:
-ambient occlusion
-baked masks from model parts: screws, pipes etc…

http://www.etyekfilm.hu/gausstank_minitutor.jpg

Another masterpiece from endi.

Wait… since when did 16,000 triangles become low-poly?

(endi - I would pay you money for a texturing video tutorial)

Hey, I can not say more about texturing. It is a very simple thing. :slight_smile:
Here you can download the (size reduced) color PSD with all layers. I think you will understand all!
http://www.etyekfilm.hu/gausstank_mini_to_web_col.psd
(2 Mbytes)

how do i do i get good textures?

Hey endi,
Thanks for the PSD file. It explains a lot. I completely understand texturing but where I get stuck is the UV mapping of the High poly vs low poly model. How do you get them to match?

Sirius, I never understand this hipoly UV thing. :slight_smile: I never UVing hipoly…
So: the hipoly has no UV.
Only the lowpoly has UV.

OH!
Now I get it :slight_smile:
Thank you very much. Such a simple explanation was all that was needed for me. :stuck_out_tongue: