Gears

(undrnthme) #1

I need 2 bevel gears 2 to 3 inches in diameter and 8 pinions making a 4:1 ratio. Where can I get these? Please post websites, etc. with exact specifications only.

Thanks.

(mzungu) #2

Something like this, maybe?

(PlantPerson) #3

Ah… the project continues. It was some sort of a perpetual motion machine or something, wasn’t it?

(undrnthme) #4

I got a gear script and used that to make the of it in Blender. But now I need real gears, like the ones I just talked about in my first post.

Well, yeah, it was the um… perpetual thing.
Let me state again, this is NOT a perpetual motion machine, but a theoretical “perpetual” motor. Perpetual meaning “everlasting”, not generating more energy put in or anything that defies any laws of this universe.

(undrnthme) #5

I think I found them!!! :smiley:
Yes!

https://sdp-si.com/eStore/

They are under gears/bevel/commercial
then 1:4 32DP ratio

The 2 last ones, it’ll only be $20! :smiley:

(PlantPerson) #6

So it’s a motor that’s intended to be able to run nonstop for long periods without breaking down?

(undrnthme) #7

Precisely. It just harnesses the power of magnets and converts it into mechanical energy. It’s supposed to last a long time. The only problem is stopping it… :slight_smile:

(mzungu) #8

Got any details to share on this motor design?

(undrnthme) #9

Well, all I can tell you without revealing too much is that it uses magnets arranged a certain way so that they can turn a center shaft. There are other magnets surrounding these which constantly realign themselves to the maximum repulsion and attraction positions in relation to the center magnets. These do so by the initial push-pull rotation and therefore, theoretically, continue on “forever” (or at least until the magnets demagnetize).

Don’t know if that makes any sense or not.

P.S.
I’m doing this for school, so don’t think that I’m this % pot scientist" who devotes his life to building perpetual motion machines longing to defy all the laws of this universe.

(IanC) #10

Well, all I can tell you without revealing too much is that it uses magnets arranged a certain way so that they can turn a center shaft. There are other magnets surrounding these which constantly realign themselves to the maximum repulsion and attraction positions in relation to the center magnets. These do so by the initial push-pull rotation and therefore, theoretically, continue on “forever” (or at least until the magnets demagnetize).

Ah, you are trying to use the magnets initial ‘push’ to get them to re-align. This will not work, if there was no energy loss, then it would run but produce no extra energy, but since there will be large losses the push will not be enough.

Say you have a valley, with both sides equally high and smooth, and you roll a ball down one side. Without losses, the ball would roll up and just to the top of the other side, but since there are losses, it will not actually get this far. Same with the magnets, consider what the fields will look like.

Interesting to try though, just dont spend too much money on it.

Ian

(undrnthme) #11

It’s not like just one initial push will make it continue forever, it’s a constant push that is happening constantly. :smiley:
The intial constant push constantly realigns the magnets by rotation which in turn constantly pushes the magnets and then constantly realigns, etc.
I’m not going to try to explain it anymore, I’m just going to build it and answer a few questions of your’s (general you).

(IanC) #12

I understand, I have played with this idea myself.

It takes energy to re-align the magnets, the same as you get from the ‘push’. Unfortunately, friction and other losses will mean that you lose some of the enregy, meaning the machine can only slow down (and will do so pretty quickly).

Keep us posted about it though.

Ian