Geely Emgrand 7 2020 Concept

Hello!

This project is a logical continuation of “Geely Emgrand EC7 RV” (model year 2013).
As an owner of such a car I was curious about how it could look like in terms of modern automotive design and technology.
Of course, GEELY command continue doing their great job and they have already presented several new outstanding models.
But this concept is my vision for future modifications of Geely Emgrand 7 line.

So the main idea of the concept was not to create a brand new design, but to change only plastic details and leave metal parts of the body as they are.
Therefore only such parts were reconsidered:

exterior

• front and rear bumpers
  • headlights and taillights
  • side view mirrors

interior

• dashboard
  • front panel
  • central console
  • steering wheel
  • doors panels
  • overhead console

I worked on the project from time to time during the last year. There were also several long delays when there wasn’t simply a time for it. But at last the project is finished! Hope you enjoy the result :slight_smile:

As to a creation process, you can find more here: https://blenderartists.org/t/geely-emgrand-7-facelift-concept

Other projects: https://www.artstation.com/roman-volkov

34 Likes

damn man this is too good to bee 3d
amazing work

2 Likes

Great work! No mistake, perfect!

Can you tell me what’s the size of the steering wheel texture?
How many textures for the entire car?

1 Like

Thank you @alf0, @CurtYoung !

Actually, a steering wheel leather texture is fully procedural (and perf leather texture as well). The only thing which uses bitmap textures is icons. These icons are a part of a general texture.

There are nearly 30 textures. The most of them are small (like 256x256, 512x512 or so). There are only a few of them that are relatively big. The largest one is 4000x4000, which aggregates different icons, and it’s only half filled.
Also, there are some textures in common with the previous project.

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

This is absolutely amazing, insanely realistic! This should be their next ad. Good job :smile:

While your job is perfect the car itself is a piece of… well, a piece of chinese car :poop:

Absolutely real :+1::+1::+1:

Thank you all! I’m glad you like it! :grinning:

This is just brilliant. Modeling a car myself, the curves are really hard to master and everything fits so well in your case. NO distortion or any kind. Just A++ level stuff. I like how you used the jeans in the last render to take it a step further. However, I personally like the white color on this car. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

There is always some distortion. It’s hard to avoid it completely while using a pure polygonal techniques. Perhaps, it’s hard for me :slight_smile:

Me too :slight_smile:
Actually, I chose red color simply for an easy visual differentiation between the two similar projects.
But after some experiments I realized, that white color fits the new design even better. Therefore on last renders I used it as well.

Did you try other colors like pearl blue? Metallic grey?

Yes, I tried different colors. Some are good from the begining, some requires additional work to fit (changing color of some plastic parts, in optics, changing chrome parts to matte etc, so that it looks good with this color).

These colors are good) Actually, There is still a huge room for different color and shader experiments. I think I will return to this question soon :slight_smile:

Will the paint be metallic with flakes?

Yes. Actually, I already have a shader with flakes and pearl effect. But it was hard to guess a correct flakes size, so I postponed that experiments till now. Soon I’ll post some example renders (here or in a corresponding WIP section).

Yeah, right flake size is hard to determine.

Awesome!!!

Thank you! :slight_smile: