Geely Emgrand EC7 RV

Just excellent your work :eek:

Amazing, Iā€™ve never seen better. I recently modeled a car and thought it turned out pretty good until I saw thisā€¦

Thank you all for your feedbacks!

I rarely use any addons. Blenderā€™s stock toolkit is very sufficient for me. But sometimes I use addon ā€œImport Images as Planesā€.
The most interesting external tool/patch for me is ā€œFilmic Blenderā€ as it helps to avoid burned areas on renders and gives more control over a rendering process itself.

And here are another several packs of creation process.

Basic shape is done:

Headlights creation process:

More coming soon!

Okā€¦ Never in my career as a veteran 3D artist have I ever commented on a ā€œcarā€ render. BUTā€¦ this is by far, the most photorealistic and beautifully crafted. I mean, my jaw dropped. Pure excellence!!!

That car looks awfully clean for such a high odometer value. :eyebrowlift2:

You definitely should look into making this your career because youā€™re quite good at it and if it makes me want to buy the car, then youā€™re doing something right.

If you want to up the realism even more Iā€™d suggest making the interior look slightly less rigid. The cushions seem too straight, although it could be a Geely really is this rigid.:eek: Also the red button of the seat belt buckles distracted me from the realism for me as well as the floor. Perhaps too bright or lacks texture? But seriously, this was one of the best car renders Iā€™ve even seen in 25 years in 3D. The cross sections and exterior shots are just exceptional.

One piece of information that I found about this render other places you posted it that you didnā€™t mention in your post here is that you used the new Filmic Blender color management. You might edit your top post to mention that because it will be interesting to Blender users who want to know if it makes a difference.

Would you mind posting the workflow of such impressive headlights / tailights?

As everyone here has already saidā€¦ Flawless work Pilot!

Can I ask how you went about doing the cutaways? Booltool? Cutaway shader? Modeling? Thanks.

Please go check again. You obviously made a mistake and posted reference photos instead of the renders :slight_smile:
Jokes apart, this is 5 stars also for real job. Go watch car companies galleries and they rarely are better than this stuff. Bravo!

Youā€™ve convinced me to finally get an account here. Absolutely brilliant work! I wish I had your skills :yes:

Stunning quality bro! RESPECT

This is just unbelievable. I never saw such a realistic model of car. You gone very far in details and materials are just perfect.
Can you show us the nodes setting of the seat ?

This is amazing. I canā€™t imagine how much persistence you need to finish such a projectā€¦

Absolutely crazy !
Itā€™s fantastic !
Congratulation !

Alain

Just WOW ! 5 STARS

Really fantastic!!

Incredible attention to details!!

At this levelā€¦the only missing point is to add a little dust layer over the shadersā€¦ :slight_smile:

Iā€™m jokingā€¦itā€™s already perfect!

Who knows, maybe some dayā€¦ :slight_smile:

Cushions are really relatively straight but still comfortable. Such rigid cushions were widely popular in early 2000s as far as I know.
Here is a todayā€™s photo:

As for the red button of the seat belt and the floor texture - you may be right. I think I didnā€™t consider some peculiarities of automatic exposure on a dark background. Interior objects are slightly brighter on photos then in reality as interior is dark and camera tries to adjust picture so that more details could be visibleā€¦

Some renders were done with this feature and some without. The only main difference for me is an amount of post-processing time :slight_smile:
But ā€˜Filmic Blenderā€™ feature is really helpful! Maybe I really should mention it in the top post.

Itā€™s simply a boolean modifier. Here are some snapshots to give an idea (these are different slices):

(with boolean object)

In different situations different solvers may be helpful (BMesh or Carve). Sometimes there can be some artefacts (isolated edges, etc) but they are not visible on renders.

Yes, I also thought about this, but decided to leave experiments with dust, smudges etc. till another project :slight_smile:

There are a lot of materials! Which part of seat you are interested in? Here is a node setup for a basic leather:

These additional sources may be helpful:

http://www.chocofur.com/6-shadersamptextures.html (for moderators: please, remove this link if it is not acceptable to mention external resources here)

Wow this is amazing. I donā€™t think I have the patience to do something like this. How long did it take and what was the final polygon count? Youā€™re a top CG artist.