GeForceFX (5) information released today at COMDEX

(RipSting) #1

There are already 10 previews up on various hardware review sites. You can find a link to all of the major ones here:
http://www.3dchipset.com/index.php#882

It looks like it will almost certainly be more powerfull than ATI’s R300, but it won’t be available until late January or February. Try not to drool too much though.

So when is BlenderX going to come out so we can do hardware rendering with pixel shader effects? :):):slight_smile:

…power to render 100+ Jurassic Park dinosaurs at 100 frames per second.

(valarking) #2

…power to render 100+ Jurassic Park dinosaurs at 100 frames per second.

I smell some BS…

(RipSting) #3

Heh it doesn’t mention what type of dinosaur, the lighting conditions (ambient, maybe? I doubt they cast shadows), or the number of texture layers (color, specular, bump). but their “Dawn” demo is great! And I also saw a short clip of that truck in “The Time Machine” rust and fall apart. It’s pretty amazing.

You’re right for once, Valar:) It’s kinda like the controversy over the Xbox and the Game Cube. The Xbox was stating it’s polygon count in unshaded/unlit polygons, while the Game Cube stated their polygon count that were fully shaded and lit. I suspect the same thing is going on here, but the dinosaurs, of whatever type, probably do have 3 texture maps, but I can’t say anything about the lighting.

(valarking) #4

FOR ONCE??? Have I ever been wrong???