General Modeling Tip!!

Doesn’t matter :slight_smile: Post them :smiley:

weld is probably one of the most important methods in the mesh modellers arsenal. we should should definitely make it easier to do in blender, when sources are opened.

wings handles it really well, just select a number of verts, RMB --> collapse

and, the problem with render level bevelling is that it is uniform, which may or may not be the desired effect.

BEAT

Body/character modelling tip: Edge loops are your friend, use them to define muscles and other parts of the body. Muscle defining btw, is very important to make a character look good.

thats a good tip. Edge loops are also very important if you want to animate a character. Like around the mouth and eyes so the character can blink and speak properly.

Thanks for the tip. Now tell me, what do you mean with ‘edge loop’?

1. pofo (who hopes this doesn’t make him look extremely stupid)

pofo: go to the wings website and look around a little. you should find out a little about edge-loop modelling. then check out this handy definition, on the wings forum.

later dude

BEAT

I think I got the point of it. Seems like I aready use this kind of technique for most of my modelling :wink:
Anyway those were good links (I haven’t tried wings yet)

1. pofo

pofo : there really is no better time to try wings --> the latest windows version is now a tidy 1.6mb package, with no need to download 20+mb of erlang OTP. new versions come out regularly (just look at how many times maceG has posted his little notices!) and each version is significantly stronger than the last.

wings is an almost perfect complement to blender, once you get into its flow. DO IT BOY!

BEAT

Couldn’t agree more, :smiley: I’ll just point out your argument alittle more with a quote:
“47 versions / revisions / bug fixes in about 43 weeks :)”