General Object Placement (Help ME)

I just need a hand, I’m not sure if i have set the scene properly, after some other opinions
=)

-FGoose

You’re the artist! What would you like to do? The gradient background gives you a lot of visual separation and therefore makes this composition, of some kind of boat passing beneath some kind of bridge or pier at dawn or dusk, perfectly plausible – even dramatic.

(But I don’t think that the “light poles” would be unevenly spaced, or that the poles on the far side of the structure would be visible from this camera angle.)

There are various composition suggestions such as the “rule of thirds,” or the observation that the eye usually goes to the brightest and most-contrasty point and then wants to find a semicircular path that leads it back to that point after traversing the scene. There are lots of resources that discuss photographic composition. And they are all “guidelines.”

P.S.: Most of these things are discussed in reference to photography or even conventional artistic painting. (For every one, you’ll also find a description of how it was “brilliantly broken.”)

1 Like

THANKS!!! Will look into it!!