Generic Map Game

I need to make a game, that is a texturing asset, so you go in game, and can paint textures in real time, and displacement, normal etc

then you can export the data as maps, for the REAL game you are working on,

this would save hundreds of hours of switching back forth, selecting updating etc.
you could also add support for clicking a single face, and having it open gimp or photoshop etc, so you can draw on the face and update the whole uv map somehow…

also you can get a much better idea of what your texture looks like in your environment, in the environment…

this could also eventually lead to a secondlife style blender game

but for now,
Levels!
I want this fast, but know that it will not happen…
I am making levels the old fashion way now…

Are you trying to recruit members on this project as well? I think you need to stick to one tread at a time because, no offense, but these threads are more than likely going to die off with the projects and just be wasting forum space. Trust me, I have seen it countless times (my threads included).

I want to get people to pick up the torch,
I don’t want to manage people, I just want to get them focused on stuff that helps everyone,
if I find the right people, then they are motivated to do whatever because they can…
this is more of a next next project, unless someone feels froggy

The need for this tool arose while making my game so, I think it would be nice in the future to have a game, that we can ALL use to make maps, fast, and paint them inside the game engine, with airbrushing…

it just seems much much faster…

my project is ticking along, I have the player movement and enemy movement system done, lift components and component properties management system done, now I need to move onto device linkage coding, and then components… and then map assets, and then the game :slight_smile:

then you will be able to pick up a “component” program it, stick it to another asset and have it do something

wheel-motor-Tjoint-Pipe-Tjoint-motor-wheel

is a differential drive…