Generic Multiple Choice Dialog System.

Hi, I’ll be revisiting this as part of my current project, so look out for some new options like where to have the chat pop up from and other stuff.

Any requests for improved functions or changes to things people didn’t like?

Hello sir, maybe i was too late and this was old but can I make a game like harvest moon animal parade with this? The dialog will change everytime people heart up to two or three heart and some cutscene will happen when you reach four heart at targeted place. I still new to this and been struggling to find dialog editor like this, you awesome. Sorry for my english i’m not good at it

Hi, I hope you will find the documentation useful. It should explain all you need to get the system to work.

If you want to have different dialogs you can add a new object with a new dialog root on it and delete the old one. That should be done with the game engine.

As an alternative you could try adding and removing tokens to make dialog branches available or unavailable.

I was going to take another look at this thread when I get to NPC interactions inside my pie menu system.

(have not forgotten about it)

I do plan on remaking it as a pure python desktop app at some point, but it will be functionally the same, so no need to wait for that.
I haven’t really thought of a better way of doing dialogs than this. I did think of a pie menu for dialogs, like in your system BPR, but it limits the space for readable text.

I was going with icons (a letter of a font) and mousing over the icon typewrites a description somewhere.

Choosing the icon calls a function, and loads it with data from the icon.