Geo-Node Order of Operations?

Is there a way to see the order that nodes are executed in? Sort of like using a step process when debugging a program?

In the image below you can see that I have created two cones and an ico sphere. I used geometry to instance to change their vector point information to their origins instead of the location of each point on the geometry. You can see that the two cones are at 0,0,0 and 0,0,7.
Then I attempt to copy the position of 0,0,7 cone and give it to the ico sphere. For some reason though the information isn’t transferred. I suspect it has something to do with the order that the nodes are processed.
I have checked several ways that the capture attribute vector is outputting 0,0,7 properly so I guess it must be related to a timing thing.

It’s a different geometry, you need to transfer attribute from the cone, by index. But it’s carrying point position information anyway so unless the point counts are the same it’s not going to map perfectly

1 Like

That worked! The index is only 0 since it’s the instance position information, not the position of every point in the instance. Also the bottom most set position was only illustrative and so isn’t included in this image.

1 Like

ah yes, that’s right