Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

Still coming today, right D?.. Is there a set time? … got ants in my pants yo!

Yup, got few things to finish but the release candidate shall be ready today
can’t say a time yet, tonight for sure

2 Likes

I Confirm, it’s Working fine
Retrying S4 after working with S5 will feel tasteless i can tell you that :hear_no_evil:

I can’t wait :blush:

2 Likes

Chop chop D! Isn’t it like 11:30pm where you are?!! Almost December 4 bro! :clock1130: :eyes:

2 Likes

Not in the pacific :eyes:

Joke aside,
this is a release candidate, not the official release just to be clear :slight_smile: closing on 30 000 line of code is not easy task :laughing: Scatter4 had 14 000 lines, first Scatter version had 4 000

2 Likes

Okee doke pal. I thought you were in Brussels, or somewhere thereabouts…

2 Likes

Scatter5 Release Candidate 00 is up on Gumroad / BlenderMarket downloads

https://twitter.com/_BD3D/status/1467011387004276737

12 Likes

excited! How do we use scatter? I would love to use it!

Hey @zakirahana
Your question is quite vague, where to purchase/download Scatter? on the blendermarket!
or perhaps you are asking about general usage? Here is a video you can perhaps overview, it’s from the beta but it is still relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x48y1WjZ3M :slight_smile:

The documentation will be written this week, right in time for the official release mid-December. Afterward we can of course expect video tutorials

My current project requires scattering large scale Environments. Would love to see a demo video on the viewport optimization u have implemented before making a Buy…

sure I’ll do a quick video clip & talk about it soon

Note that, presentations/marketing are for release week :slight_smile:

I just started scratching the surface of what is possible with this new release, and it’s quite impressive.

The new features like Abiotic, Ecosystem, or Wind are beautifully integrated, easy to use, and fun!
I imported some custom assets, added to my scene with Scatter, distributed, and animated them in a few clicks.

Thanks for creating such a beautiful add-on!

2 Likes

Yes! +the new Asset browser is supported!
we can now scatter selected items from the asset browser! extremely handy!

Thanks for creating such a beautiful add-on!

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Absolutely loving it. Amazing work!

Just playing around a bit, I found 2 things I want to ask you:

• The Abiotic → Border feature in my test only works in one axis (until the very end), shouldn’t it consider 2 axes?

Edit: Made more meaningful screenshots

• So far I only found a Bezier Area feature to remove instances for example along a walk path (represented by a closed (!) bezier curve. Will there be a way to use non-closed (!) bezier paths, too? Like in S4? Or am I missing the option somewhere else? :slight_smile:

Again, love working with it. Just such a superior workflow!

1 Like

Thanks I’ll check this out !

bezier paths, too? Like in S4?

There’s multiple way to do this

• use the « proximity → remove near » feature, and put a solidified version of your curve in a chosen collection
  • use a Bezier path procedural mask, in extra->procedural vertex-data, you’ll find all legacy features in this place
  • wait for S5.1 or 5.2, there will be an update focused on curve distribution down the line

Again, love working with it. Just such a superior workflow!

thank you !

1 Like

This is amazing! Random 90 degree snap and nondestructive emitter without unnecessary mesh subdivision.
Wow, I’m glad I bought it:)

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Lukasz !
If you are happy don’t hesitate to leave a little review :angel:

1 Like

Hi guys a little help please.

On blender 3.0 using Scatter 5 candidate release pro version.

When I go to add a biome …only the sparsely vegetated ones spawn on my target object. I un tick the two options in security but still no luck.

Help please.

Loving the add on so far D

Hello @Arle
Old biomes from the beta need a rework in order to work properly with the release candidate (Monday probably)
You would know about this if you read the read_me.txt file

; )

2 Likes