Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

fyi. you could check these trees

license

1 Like

Is it possible to have the proxies created automatically?

2 Likes

I will investigate once the addon is released.
It may work for trees but not for every models.

1 Like

Amazing! Thanks for checking out

Hi, is there any way to get the leaves to scatter with the tree without converting the particle systems used on the original tree.

2 Likes

i did not test that yet, but i’ll put that on my before release to do list for sure !

2 Likes

Would it be possible to create an offset paramter for the view frustrum boolean to allow shadows from e.g. trees outside the frustrum who would be visible in the view frustrum?

The perfect algorithm is to take one directional light source into account and if shadow from this is penetrating view frustrum don t cull. But i don t think eevee provides this info per python api.

No, i’m sorry :frowning:

A fake way could be to slightly increase the fov from the culling frustrum who makes the boolean to avoid shadows poping up during animation.

2 Likes

I think this is normal in blender you can’t put one particle system inside another.

1 Like

Here we go !

UPDATE V1.09

• Automatic Camera Clipping + Culling set up

With toggle f for each particles systems, custom camera cone bounding box (that you can still change on XYZ local scale) and distance cull sliders.

ezgif-2-bae5e90c8928

you may wait 20s to get your set up working. as it generate a lot of modifiers.

for now we need to update the modifer like we do with displacement, by toggling edit mode on & off. (or click on the refresh terrain operator). i don’t understand why this is not happening in real time. My addon have nothing to do with that, trying to reproduce the modifier stack manually will get the same update problem.

all3444

i also think that the particle density problem is inevitable inside blender. please prove me wrong !!!
c4a899bb075ab8dfddc74f633e3356608cbaea52_2_478x750

Scatter_V1_09.py (183 KB)

next step: automatic update when cam move.

after that i’m going to create scenes on it for a week.

and later finish with the rest of the features (smart-particles, particles at border, point-cloud integration, slope/altitude) . I’ve been working on this addon for a month.
i think that the release is going to happend in 3 to 4 weeks. i really hope our efforts will pay. This is a big project :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Great update… thank you

1 Like

Wow it looks really powerfull. It’s getting more and more awesome.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/dorianborremans/status/1179769602693324802

removing a psys bug on latest update if there’s a camera clip set up. i’m going to fix this on next update.

4 Likes

There’s but there’s so much stuff we cannot do because of blender limitations.

blender devs have to do A lot with the new future scattering system. i’m trying to leave as much feedback as possible. I hope they will take this into consideration when reworking for hair particle node.

4 Likes

This Just keeps on getting better and better. You’ve been replicating the multiscatter features I loved in forester for cinema 4d. Keep this going … cash is awaiting :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE V1.10

New settings for the main scatter operator.

• Particles count option that are normally exclusive for the preset system is now accessible directly an on creation tab.

• There is two new “Accident-Free” options in the on creation display tab.

• the first one (which isn’t so new) will automatically set your particle to a bounding box if the polycount is too high.

• the second one will automatically lower your particles % display on creation if you accidentally put too much particles. (so that you will not freeze your viewport to death once the particles are created.)

Scatter_V1_10.py (184.9 KB)

7 Likes

UPDATE V1.11

• Camera clipping is no more slow. As i found an optimizing technique in the code. (hiding from display)
  • I incorpored a little particle count calculator.

test

• There’s a new automatic action. It can really save your day, as i just created a ps with 600 million particles and it didn’t crash my computer because it was simply automatically hidden.(forgot “will” , don’t pay attention)

• Boolean influence parameter is back.

Scatter_V1_11.py (187.7 KB)

6 Likes

I haven’t once used your addon yet, but I’d like to contribute as a patreon for you. Your work is good enough for me to consider supporting you. Maybe not forever, but for some time, with small amounts, just so you can feel you do good.

1 Like

You can buy the final product to support our work :smiley: i think i’ll also will sale homemade grasses&weeds + presets. Thanks for your interest.

2 Likes