Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

are you sure about that ? it seems technically impossible. In blender current particle system at least it seems totally impossible.

as for the skatter solution, well they use a specific biome, same solution as i will create

2 Likes

wow. no words. forest pack is trully amazing.
such a shame we will never see an addon with this kind of budget in blender.
and also such a shame it is for this crappy 3ds max. Errrrrrrr.

So yeah, really cool but this can be done only by main devs, just updated the thread.

3 Likes

I used Forest Pack in 2015 and it was permanently crashing max.
It also had has similar “problems” at the beginning we are facing actually.
So. There will be solutions.
Release it with the example biomes from your shot. They look amazing.
The use from the community will speed up development. Blender syle.
The rest will happen step by step.)

I am working on a clean mesh extract from an bigger real live production who has road, gras and tree components with seperated optimized beziers for the borders.
It could be helpful for further discussion.

1 Like

not really. blender python api is still really limited.
addons like forest pack wouldn’t be possible at all in blender.

come on.) we have an OpenSource.

That s nice.
Could you share the scatter setup from your second screenshot.

Here we go !

here is our starter biome kit !!!

“B01: Fresh Meadow” is all related about some fresh grasses and meadows

first let’s start with the AIO biomes which are cominations of different biomes layers

there’s 11 of them right now, resolution is 1000x1000 so you can open in another window and zoom a bit if you want

And here are all the different layers composing them

l01l02l03l04l05l06l07l08l09l10l11l12l13l14l15l00

16 Likes

Awesome!!!
That’s what we needed. Please just launch it now.

nope, few bugs to resolve and little things to change first :slight_smile: but i will need a few active peoples to play with theses

I am ACTIVE! more than Active, I check this page 10 times a day!!

3 Likes

Are you using an HDRI to illuminate the scene or just simple Sun/Sky?

1 Like

Does this come with HDRI image as well?

One important thing to ask, Can we scatter Linked Geometry models? i.e. Model from a different blender file (linked)?

I have forestpack… border cut is alpha cutout (opacity)… I think forestpack create some procedural black/white image and add to opacity/alpha material input slot in render time… change “transparency max bounces” affect forestpack border cut.

procedural rendertime object based texture is like vrayDistanceMap or coronaDistanceMap (have blender some thing like this?):

1 Like

well we could use modifiers influencing weightmap but this is computer intensive and it shoud be integrated directly within blender.

too much of my addon tricks rely on modifiers, it could be cool if the future revamped particle system could have thoses feature natively

1 Like

Right now I would like to share my mind state of Scatter pricing:
I would personally find two things - one, Scatter Engine - which would be lower price, and Scatter Biomes - which would be Scatter Engine + your Biomes, in maybe an abonament model for biomes. This would be way more priced and would be just a finite, quick tool for rendering.

Well, I’d really like it to be an « all in one » package you purchase it once and you have access to all its biomes directly.

It will give me much more liberty of updating the addon here and there with new cool biomes for every users to enjoy.

For example the day of Christmas you guys could all receive an update with a snowy grass biome. Ect

4 Likes

That would be very kind, yes. Just one time purchase for all biomes.

But still, I’d consider a split of the engine and biomes where it comes for paying up -> some may be interested with their own assets for the actual scattering process, whereas some may like the full-package with biomes, and pay for it - more - too. :stuck_out_tongue: