Geometric options for cylinder, sphere, cone....

I’ve been using Blender for a while, but not an expert either.
One thing I haven’t figured out is how to change the number of faces, or verts, on a cylinder, cone or sphere after I move it. When the object is first placed in the scene, the Tool Shelf has the options of changing the number of vertices, or the height (or other parameters depending on the object). But once I move the object in the scene by dragging it, those options go away. Are those options in another panel? If decide to change (after moving the object) the number of faces, or if I want to change the radius of a torus, it doesn’t appear to be possible. Is that correct?

If decide to change (after moving the object) the number of faces, or if I want to change the radius of a torus, it doesn’t appear to be possible. Is that correct?
You are correct, the options are only available when you add the object

Thank you Richard. This seems like a basic feature to have for the object. Until the geometry is modified by moving individual verts, I would think those initial parameters would still be available. Could be a good exercise for me to learn python and create a special tool panel, provided those parameters are still available after the object has been created, but not modified.