Geometry Node Question: Point Distance

I’ve been experimenting with Geometry Nodes in an effort to get better with them and I’ve encountered a predicament. This is going to be a little hard to explain, so I’m going to type out the problem first, and then after I will type out exactly what the results I’m looking for are.

Basically, I want to create a system where I can control the density of 3 different point objects (that are in 1 collection), so they use a shared Distance Min and they don’t clip. I do not want to just take the Distance Min Input Value and plug it into 3 different point systems, because then the different point objects will clip on top of each other.

I get the result I want where there is no clipping when I use a collection, but I can’t control the amount of each object individually. (Ex: Going off of my picture attached, let’s say I want 75% of the sprinkles to be the Sprinkles Normal, 10% to be Sprinkles Short, and 15% to be Sprinkles Stretched. That’s the result I’m looking for where I can change those values individually)

I either need to be able to control the number of points allotted towards each object within my collection, or I need to be able to use a shared Distance Min on 3 objects that recognize the other objects.

In this picture, I have a basic system where my collection is being used. I am not able to control the stuff within the collection, but the result I want with the distance between the objects is there.

1 Like

Before the Point Instance Node you basically have a list with the scattered points as your geometry, so i would give each point a new random attribute between 0 and 1 (Attribute Randomize), then use Attribute Compare to make a comparison to be less than 0,75 (75%) and name it something like sprinkles_normal, then a comparison less than 0,85 and bigger tahn 0,75 (10%) for sprinkles short and so on for every type you want. And at the end use a few chained Point Seperate Nodes on these attributes to split the point cloud to randomized point cloudes with the wanted density and use a point instance for each object.

1 Like

Can you show an example of how to set that up? This is hard to visualize.

1 Like

Sure, here is the *.blend file
sprinkles.blend (1.4 MB)

1 Like