Geometry Nodes in 2.92

Interesting, so you’re offsetting the spheres position a bit so that they’re not perfectly centered on the sides of the cube, and then performing the Boolean operation in a separate “composite” Cheese geometry which you can then use to access the Fast Boolean mode as well as remesh and displace. Cool approach, although I do hope that in the future all of this will be possible from within a single geometry object using only the geometry nodes – but I guess there’s ways to go still.

The more recent builds of 2.93 include the Points to Volume node, but as I said this is not quite the same as actual scattering points inside a volume. I think what is needed is a Geo to Volume node first, and then a Volume Point Distribute node to properly scatter points inside any given geometry. I hope someone at Blender HQ is following this and will hopefully figure something out.

I have another puzzle for you since you have a much better grasp on some of the math operations than I currently do:

I am scattering “buildings” across a plane to create a cityscape. I want to be able to randomize the building rotations, however I want them to be able to “snap” to 90 degree rotations since in typical city grids buildings are not oriented every which way but follow a N-S/E-W direction. Do you know if there is any way to force-snap the rotations to 90 degree increments (or really any user-defined value)?

buildings.blend (118.2 KB)