Gert De Roost - Car Sketchbook

After a short post in finished projects with almost no views, I will now create this sketchbook as a means of showing my growing collection of totally original car designs modeled entirely in Blender using old fashioned Subd vertex pushing. The renders shown in this thread are often clickable SketchFab links. I am aiming to do “car esthetics” design, so bodywork beauty. My designs could very well not be practically achievable as a real car.

“Pralina Classic”, Sketchfab render:

3 Likes

“The Tormelino” on sketchfab.

“The Grinta” on sketchfab.

“The Giano” on sketchfab.

“The Garra” on sketchfab.

“The Ariete” on sketchfab.

“The Pralina” on sketchfab.

“The Minion” - homage to the Mini Cooper, got the idea from the IAAD scholarship 2019 contest, but I’m too old to participate (44 years on the counter!).

Been finetuning the Pralina design. View in 3D in post above.

EDIT: finetuning continues… Sketchfab post above closely follows latest developments.

Some screens. Eevee.

Been finetuning the Grinta design. View in 3D in post above.

Some screens. Cycles.

And been reworking the Tormelino too! Its rework week! Finally realising the potential of my designs.

3D above.

Cycles screen here:

New design. Gioco (‘toy’ in Italian) is focusing on friendliness, simpleness. A car thats genuinely happy to drive you around. And no, he can’t speak. :grin:

Sketchfab view (click to view in 3D):

1 Like

Did another Garra facelift. Sketchfab 3D some posts above.

Eevee:

The old Pralina EVO 1, now renamed “Machete”. I made it working from the Pralina mesh.

Adapted, or really, totally transformed from Pralina EVO 1: the “Donchopan”:

Previously: an SUV, the “Utilito”. Now evolved into its fantasy cousin: the Utilitor!

Zraah! The badass bloodmoon wolf chariot!

1 Like

Another one, the “Pantheros”. Clickable Sketchfab link!

1 Like

New versions of “Giano”, “Machete” and “Pralina”(the “Chinese Tiger” version) can be viewed above at their respective Sketchfab posts.