Get your Publisher Style Python API in Creator

Hey

I wish I could decide over the future of Blender, but the sad fact is that I can’t. However the company NaN Holding does infact still exist, and it’s up to them to make a decision about the future of Blender, since they own Blender.

I do have publisher yes, it’s not about being selfish it’s about the fact that I made an agreement not to distribute my version, since it belongs to the BlenderLeague. But no I didn’t pay for it.
You can read below why I don’t allow tHe-IcemAn to post his link here.

The bankrupcy of NaN was made public “14 March 2002” so it has been about 2.5 months. which isn’t even 50% of a half year (which is 6 months).
Nothing happened? Ton has made 2 announcements on the progress they have been making, I suggest you try to read them.

Theeth asked Ton in a e-mail if it was alright to post this here. Ton in return said he thought it would be better for people to keep using 2.23 for now. So instead of making an ass of ourselves as you stated, me and theeth are following the wishes of Ton. who has given away Blender FREELY up untill recently, so I think he deserves that bit of respect from us.
If you’ve read Ton’s announcements you will know that Blender isn’t dead.

Thank you.

Timothy

p.s. was this post snobbish enough for you?

Even though a Publisher buyer I have some sympathy for 3Dgamers frustration. I also think some people are too quick to try to censor posts (explicitly or implicitly) and have seen this tendancy other forums. It’s often got nothing to do with legalities and more to do with an over-cooked / misplaced feeling of responsibility. The arguments will probably rage on but what I think that the censors themselves could be considered to be acting illegally in some countries by attempting to restrict free speech. My “constructive” suggestion is that unless you are certain someone is acting illegally AND that you could in some way be held partly responsible then let them have their say. And just to preempt any “it’s my forum” type response, if thats the case then have a clear notice saying “No Free Speech Here!” then visitors know where they stand.

It’s often better to prevent than to heal. I don’t want to blame Iceman here, but whenever you hesitate on the legal state of an action, I think it’s always better to ask beforehand than to be sorry afterward.

It’s often got nothing to do with legalities and more to do with an over-cooked / misplaced feeling of responsibility.

You can believe what you want but, like Timothy said a while ago, regarding the warez thread, censoring has little to do with freedom of speech, and a lot to do in protecting the owner of the site.

Also, by clicking on I agree in the terms and agreements (https://blenderartists.org/profile.php?mode=register):

You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.

I suggest you read the Registration Agreement Terms again, it’s a very interesting read.

Martin
PS: I’m not angry or anything, even toward 3DGamer. It’s not the first time, and it won’t be the last, that I’m insulted, so why be mad…

Still, you seem very eager to restrict posts as if you are paranoid about infringing some (any?) law somewhere. Also, I wasn’t aware this thread was about warez so why even introduce such an emotive topic? Throwing T&C’s back at people every time your judgement is questioned is also, to be frank, bordering on the immature as is your patronising suggestion to re-read the registration agreement.

The fact of the matter as I see it is 3Dgamer did something that he thought would benefit others, probably in all innocence, and the moderators of this site incorrectly (IMHO) saw fit to take on the role of spokesperson for NAN which, AFAIK, your not. This is probably going to upset you but what the hell - the people here are mainly not by choice, ie, if the NAN forums were ever to be revived then it will would be goodbye to Elysiun. Maybe more effort on your part is required to foster the sort of community spirit that NAN had rather than looking for any and every opportunity to exercise you power as moderators.

someone offered a warez download on this forum. (eventhough he himself had no perticular bad intentions)

I can not see how cencoring that is wrong, theeth even took the liberty of asking the author of the program wether or not he was ok with it.

…no AVI Codec in “Creator 2.25” heh… just had to get it out of curiosity :slight_smile: sorry chaps :slight_smile: Anywho, though i was fortunate enough to get a publisher licence without prooffering monetary support (ahem, LEGALLY!) i can see where Creator users would want this… BUT! I also know that there are those of us who will continue to use Creator even though we have access to other tools, it’s called support guys, and we need to sho Ton some, and respect, for all he’s given us, where we’ve given nothing, he deserves at least that (well, and maybe a beer!)

K

I can only agree with K-Rich here. It’s also a matter of respect toward the creators.

Martin

And none for the many users eh?

They still use Blender 2.23 right?

I see no reason as to why any user could claim they have the right to something that they got free in the first place.

Teeth decided to take this debate private. I can only imagine the reason being that the rest of you are not considered intelligent enough to either follow it or contribute. At a guess he may claim it was done to help me save face. Whatever. I gladly leave the last word to him, not that I probably have any choice in a forum where free speech has gone out the window. Also I just can’t be arsed with this sort of crap.

dmoc, you seem to have your issues confused. Nobody stopped anybody from expressing themselves (Free speech) the mods only stopped a product whcih had no right to be distributed from being distributed.

That’s exactly what I was explaining to him via PMs.

Martin

First of all I do want free speech up to a surtain point. When free speech however means that forum rules are being broken I can not allow that.

I think ilac said it right:

I would like to ad though that in real life free speech also doesn’t count if it’s offensive, disriminating, promoting unlawfull actions, etc. Basicly the same rules apply here.

Perhaps you didn’t realize it but I was quite offented to be called a snob, but did you see me ban you? delete the post? no

I think you’re just trying to see the bad side of things a bit too hard. But don’t worry I’ve seen this happen before with people on the internet. For some reason points made by people just don’t come across as they ment it.