Getting a Python error in my PSK import script

Yesterday I downloaded this PSK import script. I put it into my scripts folder and opened Blender, and when I selected the psk import on my import menu, it gave me this error message:

File “<string>”, line 1, in <module>
File “C:\Users\Kitty\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts\import_scene_unreal_psk.py”, line 584
return {‘FINISHED’}
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I am not a programmer, I do not know how to deal with this. Can this be fixed or do I need to search for a different import script?

I’m getting a pop-up that I didn’t quite catch the first time that says the script is written for Blender 250 and might not work with my Blender 249. So, I’m on a Windows machine, does that mean I just can’t use this? I’ve been all over the place looking for more scripts and I can’t seem find another PSK-import script. Can anybody point me towards one?

That script needs to be updated since there has been some renaming going on.

----edit----

Yeah, can’t use on 2.49.

So basically I can’t use it unless I find somebody who can read and write this stuff who would be willing to modify it for me?

Yep…

Crap. Unfortunately dyslexia gives me a distinct disadvantage in my ability to learn programming… restricting me to being a graphics person pretty exclusively. sigh I end up feeling so useless whenever something doesn’t automatically work.

You could go poke them on the forum they have linked to on the google.code page and let them know their script is bustified.

It’s actually a pretty easy fix, just some name changes in the python api here and there and maybe some function call arguments.

Or you could use the version of blender that the script was written for to import, then if you want to use 2.49 save the imported file as a blend and open that in 2.49.

The version it’s written for isn’t available for Windows.

It looks from your original link to be for blender 2.5 alpha 1 which does have a windows build at blender.org. Have you tried it in these builds to see if it works.

I am looking at the Blender.org download page right now and the Windows version there is only 2.49.