Getting camera to follow sphere whiwhout rolling

How can I get camera to follow a sphere, so that camera doesn’t roll too. That happens if I parent camera to sphere. Is there any other way? And this doesn’t come to an animation, im making a game whith a ball as character.

Use the camera actuator, like this:

http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/3753/camkx8.jpg

Just enter in the name of your target object, and tweak the settings to get a perfect camera!

there are 2 ways I know of…

First one…

Take an empty, assign your sphere physics to it…
Taks a sphere mesh, remove all colision from the faces, F-W- and choose Clear collision… also in the game settings , make it an Actor-Ghost
Select your sphere mesh, and hold shift and select your empty, press control P to parent it to the empty…
Make a camera… select the camera, hold shift select the empty, and control P to parent thte camera to the empty…

If the camera is too bumpy, select your floor mesh, add a material to it, in the material settings press the DNY button, and turn the friction off…

Way#2

select your camera…
Add the logic blocks, Always-AND-Camera… and place your players name in the camera block… also in the camera block be sure to add like 10 to minimum and 20 to the maximum…
the camera tracks to your player, and follows on the -Y axis… I think there is a switch for it to follow the X axis as well…

#3 Bonus way…
add always-AND-edit… set edit to trackto, and add your players name… if dynamic is checked the camera will follow the player around (sometimes)

hope this helps
EDIT,
ha ha! nice Arrr matey you beat me to it :slight_smile:

Thank you, I used Arr Mateys solution, and it worked fine. Thanks to p00f too, I might try those too when I have more time.

No problem :slight_smile: Glad to help.

The #2 suggestion I made is the same as what Aaaar matey illustrated and explaned :slight_smile:

(just to save you time, try 1 and 3 :wink: )

Also another way would be to parent the camera to one of the sphere’s vertices (I would suggest parenting it to a vertice (spelling?) in the middle of the sphere). :smiley: