after removing a corrupted file i finally got it to work! Considering its 12:30 am I could have done better but what the hell right? here are two songs. same main rhythm just one has percussion and one doesnt not. and the gain is reduced on the second. Each is 9 seconds long. Only about 1 hour of work.
I got the name Techno Tribe from the fact that my pressing of buttons had a somewhat tribal end result. If you use itunes or another software that recognizes idv2man tags you’ll see the name Echo Kilo as artist. i figured thats an okay techno guise.
Buzz is just fine for what you are doing. It is a very deep and complex program, so it’s normal that you are spending quite a bit of time putting stuff together. After all your subject did state you are getting aquainted with the program at the moment. Just keep at it and it’ll become second nature as you develop a good knowledge of your tool.
I tried Buzz myself a while back. Did not stick with it as I am not much of a techno guy. I have a lot of the same capabilities in the form of vintage 80’s synths. Also the MIDI integration in Buzz seemed a bit happazard. I still have a fairly extensive backlog of music on my Atari 1040ST (which is all MIDI based) so I rely on that old machine quite a bit.