Getting materials to show

Hi guys - please help, I’m at my wits end!

Trying to get a texture onto the eyes - everything looks just fine, but the texture won’t show up. It is a simple .jpg, so no alpha to complicate matters. The UV mapping looks OK to me and all the other textures work fine, although specularity needs toning down and the hair needs some work. This model was imported as Collada, if that makes any difference. The same model was imported as .obj and the same textures work very well with Cycles - could that be the problem?

I need to animate, so cycles is not an option for me.

I can’t unfortunately post the file because it is a proprietary item and the TOS prohibits posting in a format from which the model can be extracted - Daz 3D Genesis 3.

Whilst on the topic, how can I get to see the UV’s without having to map them each time?

All help much appreciated :slight_smile:

Does the faces have the correct material applied
Have you set the correct texture mapping coordinates
Do you have multiple objects in the same location
Is it in the viewport or/and rendered

Other than that you have supplied very little info to go on. Please supply more useful

I can’t unfortunately post the file because it is a proprietary item and the TOS prohibits posting in a format from which the model can be extracted - Daz 3D Genesis 3
Delete all the unnecessary crap nobody is interested in, apply a similarly constructed material to a sphere. Does it show the same issue. If so, supply that blend file

My apologies for not giving more info - being new to Blender, i gave what I assumed would be sufficient. Good idea to simplify the problem - that got it sorted on a mockup of the eyeball - thanks for the hint regarding assigning the texture - it gave me the breakthrough I needed:)

One more question, if I may - how do I extract a part of a UV map into a separate island?

Attachments