Getting Rid of Dark Duplicates?

(Kalen) #1

I’ve searched the knowledge base and I found a responce to this, but the solution doesn’t work at all - I’ve tried it multiple times. Can someone give me a quick responce on how to get rid of the darker versions that appear when something is duplicated? I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get rid of them, and they’re really annoying! :stuck_out_tongue:

(haunt_house) #2

I don´t understand this. The only thing dark, that I have, when I duplicate, is the original mesh. Why deleting it? or else, why duplicate something?

You sure know that you can duplicate inside and outside editmode.

So please describe it a little bit more precisely :o
HH

(Kalen) #3

Select the object(s), duplicate and mirror them (I’m doing this usually to create wing pieces for my star ship models), place the duplicate, and the duplicate will appear dark when viewing the model in filled mode (Show Faces? Whatever you call that?). I think that’s what causes it, but whenever I duplicate two objects the second one appears dark. I think this may have happened with single objects too, but I’m not sure. And yes, I’m using the windows version of 2.23, if that means anything.

(theeth) #4

this only happens when mirroring an object outside of edit mode. You can solve the problem by unselecting “Double Sided” in the Edit Buttons (F9) at the right.

Martin

(wavk) #5

You can also fix this by pressing Ctrl+A to aply size/rot after mirroring your object.

Have fun,

WAVK